DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clearwater, FL new MA pilot

theks

Reactions
Hello,
I am very new to drones, I have been doing professional photo and video for many years. I am very excited to take the drone on our family adventures this summer, I have done a lot of research, watched many videos and have flown the drone in my own yard for a while to get the hang of it. Im ready to take it out into the real world but I am a little concerned about where to fly it? Apparently here in Clearwater you are not allowed to take off or land within city property, which basically means every park/beach, etc. So where do I fly it? How do I know where the safe places for flying are? I do know National Parks do not allow drones, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fly it safely?
Thanks

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello and welcome from Ontario Canada to Mavic Pilots!

And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had so take your time and look around and enjoy reading all the great stuff you can do with your Mavic, :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have and remember the search tool is a great resource to see who may have had a similar issue or may offer a great tip.

Enjoy your day and happy flying :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy that new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

How do I know where the safe places for flying are?
You can find places where your Mavic will not fly here. You can find places where you're not allowed to fly here. Outside of those prohibited locations, it would be a good idea to follow these guidelines if flying as a hobbyist.

Hello,
I am very new to drones, I have been doing professional photo and video for many years. I am very excited to take the drone on our family adventures this summer, I have done a lot of research, watched many videos and have flown the drone in my own yard for a while to get the hang of it. Im ready to take it out into the real world but I am a little concerned about where to fly it? Apparently here in Clearwater you are not allowed to take off or land within city property, which basically means every park/beach, etc. So where do I fly it? How do I know where the safe places for flying are? I do know National Parks do not allow drones, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fly it safely?
Thanks
Howdy from Wyoming @theks , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Thank you for the warm welcome! This is all very exciting yet overwhelming I want to make sure I do the right thing and not break any rules!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

You can find places where your Mavic will not fly here. You can find places where you're not allowed to fly here. Outside of those prohibited locations, it would be a good idea to follow these guidelines if flying as a hobbyist.

Thanks for the info, I checked the 2 links you suggested for where it WILL NOT fly and where Im NOT allowed to fly and looks like the air I live in is mostly blocked out, Clearwater, FL...I see Indian Rocks FL could be a place where I could test out the flights? I went to a park today to a zone where looked clear on maps and a park ranger, happily and politely told me I couldn't fly it there :( I am definitely nervous about where to fly this thing!Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 10.21.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-01 at 10.21.51 PM.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS