DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cleveland Dam, North Vancouver - My first DJI Mini 2 video

Excellent Phil. A challenging location, well covered. I grew up near Edgemont Village.

Thanks Lister, yes I was certainly mindful especially when navigating inside the canyon. To be honest I love the whole of North Vancouver. Such a beautiful place.

Reactions: ATW
Just wanted to show off and get some honest feedback from my first Mini 2 drone video capturing the Cleveland Dam. I tried to make it short and sweet whilst shooting from a variety of different angles. Let me know what you think and of course any criticism is welcome :)
Hi Phil,
absolutely well done for the first video. You show everything and this very varied from different angles. Very nice and calm shots. The video is actually perfect, if, yes if one would hear the roaring water it would be even better...But that's complaining at a high level. Compliments and keep it up! ???
Cheers Paul

Hi Phil,
absolutely well done for the first video. You show everything and this very varied from different angles. Very nice and calm shots. The video is actually perfect, if, yes if one would hear the roaring water it would be even better...But that's complaining at a high level. Compliments and keep it up! ???
Cheers Paul
Thank you Jack for the very positive feedback! I was actually so close to adding in water effects so you could hear the sound of the Dam but I didn't think it worked that well if i'm totally honest. Thank you again though for your input:)

Thank you Jack for the very positive feedback! I was actually so close to adding in water effects so you could hear the sound of the Dam but I didn't think it worked that well if i'm totally honest. Thank you again though for your input:)
You´r welcocom Phil ? Of course it looks very good, also without the water sound ?
.You are really only 15 years old? So seen a double compliment, because I do not know any 15 year olds who make approximately something so beautiful. You will make your way boy, that's for sure ????
cheers Paul, who could be your grandfather ??

Great vid, enjoyed it a lot. I was hoping to do something similar. Where did you take off from? I’ve been looking for a spot to launch.

I would like to get some video of the suspension bridge as well. Have you filmed there yet? I’ve been taking advantage of the shutdowns t get footage that would not normally be available.

You´r welcocom Phil ? Of course it looks very good, also without the water sound ?
.You are really only 15 years old? So seen a double compliment, because I do not know any 15 year olds who make approximately something so beautiful. You will make your way boy, that's for sure ????
cheers Paul, who could be your grandfather ??
Haha i'm not actually 15 and I was wondering how you came to that conclusion until I saw it was listed in my profile...not sure how it came to say 2005 but I guess I should contact an administrator to get that sorted ?

Great vid, enjoyed it a lot. I was hoping to do something similar. Where did you take off from? I’ve been looking for a spot to launch.

I would like to get some video of the suspension bridge as well. Have you filmed there yet? I’ve been taking advantage of the shutdowns t get footage that would not normally be available.
Thank you! I took off from from this location:

I actually contacted the information centre at Capilano Bridge and asked for permission to fly however they wanted to see proof of a pilots license and some insurance requirements. Unfortunately I do not have a pilots license but feel free to contact them! They will also require a detailed plan of your flight plan around the park.

I really liked the video....nice job. The only advice I have is perhaps consider opening the video with a reveal of the dam. Start behind the trees and rise up or pan sideways as the reveal rather than starting the video with the dam already in frame. That is more of a creative choice of mine than a criticism....again, nice job.

Very nice, lots of good clips, and keeping each clip short is a plus (too many videos have clips way too long!). I like suggestion above.... maybe start with a reveal?

I really liked the video....nice job. The only advice I have is perhaps consider opening the video with a reveal of the dam. Start behind the trees and rise up or pan sideways as the reveal rather than starting the video with the dam already in frame. That is more of a creative choice of mine than a criticism....again, nice job.
I like that suggestion. It may also capture the viewers attention more vividly that way. I was caught between either wanting to show off the Dam in it's entirety at the beginning or showing it off in stages bit by bit and I kinda went with the latter. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Very nice, lots of good clips, and keeping each clip short is a plus (too many videos have clips way too long!). I like suggestion above.... maybe start with a reveal?
Thank you for your input and yea my goal was to keep the clips short and sweet so as not to be too dragged out. I agree it was a good suggestion which I will definitely consider more so in my next video.

Haha i'm not actually 15 and I was wondering how you came to that conclusion until I saw it was listed in my profile...not sure how it came to say 2005 but I guess I should contact an administrator to get that sorted
Oh holy smoke, somebody made you very young Phil ?? Maybe it´´s a transposed numbers ??
cheers Paul
BTW, you can change ist by yourself in the profile setting! Cheers Paul

Reactions: ATW and PhilHevican
Nicely done. I like the reveal idea (for what it's worth). I like how you start below almost entering the spillway of the dam, rise up and show overhead shots...particularly like the snow capped range in the background shot, then at the end descend back down into the spillway. Gives me some nice ideas...thanks.

Nicely done. I like the reveal idea (for what it's worth). I like how you start below almost entering the spillway of the dam, rise up and show overhead shots...particularly like the snow capped range in the background shot, then at the end descend back down into the spillway. Gives me some nice ideas...thanks.
Thank you Mahjohn! Appreciate the positive feedback and glad it gave you some new ideas.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to show off and get some honest feedback from my first Mini 2 drone video capturing the Cleveland Dam. I tried to make it short and sweet whilst shooting from a variety of different angles. Let me know what you think and of course any criticism is welcome :)

Very nice video! It doesn't hurt that it's in one of my favorite regions! Great work!

Great video!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78