DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Close call with another M2P.

boldblue737

Reactions
Was shooting a lighthouse at sunrise with my Mavic 2 Pro doing a hand flown orbit around it when suddenly I passed another drone at extreme close range. I had line of visual sight on my drone but was focused on the camera image as I was hand flying the circle. Incredibly close. Kinda ruined the key moment but I should have better cleared that angle since it was the obvious place for another drone to setup to get the sun through the lighthouse glass.

The guy flying the other drone found me later and it turns out he is a certified part 107 flyer here on this island and it was also another Mavic 2 Pro. Totally cool guy with lots of tips for shooting the island. Wow. Glad it worked out and if he happens to be on this forum I’m sorry for getting so close! I’ll have video of this later this week right now a screen shot will have to do.

Attachments

• B0E5933E-4469-47CE-831E-47846BA0F3DF.png
    B0E5933E-4469-47CE-831E-47846BA0F3DF.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 177
Reactions: sancap
@boldblue737, It was a pleasure to meet you today. This occurrence just goes to show that we all have to be more aware and keep our attention where it needs to be. Fortunately nothing bad happened to either one of us. Flying in popular areas should bring out additional red flags for all of us.

Let me know when you are back on the island and we can meet again but not in the air! I did get some nice shots!

Jim

LH.jpg

Thanks again. I was able to get some blind pass and even causeway shots after you mentioned it today. Looks like we are in for some wind and clouds the next few days but I’m hoping to fly again before the trip is done. I’m back at least once a year, it was a pleasure meeting you too.

Thanks again. I was able to get some blind pass and even causeway shots after you mentioned it today. Looks like we are in for some wind and clouds the next few days but I’m hoping to fly again before the trip is done. I’m back at least once a year, it was a pleasure meeting you too.

If you want to fly my Inspire 2 or M210, let me know. They do pretty well in higher winds! I work with @Florida Drone Supply and we do demos all the time.

@boldblue737, It was a pleasure to meet you today. This occurrence just goes to show that we all have to be more aware and keep our attention where it needs to be. Fortunately nothing bad happened to either one of us. Flying in popular areas should bring out additional red flags for all of us.

Let me know when you are back on the island and we can meet again but not in the air! I did get some nice shots!

Jim

View attachment 49288

Great shot. Can you please share your settings for this shot and what nd filter you used? Also what software did you use for color correction?

I wish I can take pictures like that. I am learning everyday.

Last edited:
Great shot. Can you please share your settings for this shot and what nd filter you used? Also what software did you use for color correction?

I wish I can take pictures like this. I am learning everyday.

Hello @PetitFrereArmada, the camera setting were as follows: Manual Mode, ISO 100, f5.6, shutter 1/500 second. No filters were used. In photoshop I added a small amount of contrast, a small amount of saturation and a very light amount of noise reduction. I hope this helps.

Reactions: PetitFrereArmada
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ang.mcleod