DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Club 3-Mile

Awesome. I really need a higher launching area as you have, so I wouldn't have to fly 1000ft up when really far out. That and launch from an area with less WiFi interference. I guess I could sit on top of my 10' tall A Frame ladder as a start lol.

Not to rub in my deck location, nevertheless have flown in my underwear with morning cup of coffee, delivered to launch site by my wife.

Is it realistic to fly from your roof?

Reactions: cderoche
5100mt and the rth kicked in. No weak signal alerts and perfect and smooth video feed. When the MP was almost home the low battery alarm started the annoying beep beep.

5100mt and the rth kicked in. No weak signal alerts and perfect and smooth video feed. When the MP was almost home the low battery alarm started the annoying beep beep.

Smooth flight. What was your flight area? Open area residential etc.?

Would like to control RTH beeping.

Rural, very open and with almost zero interference.
Later fw upgrades allow to turn off beeping, but i like very much my version so i am not upgrading from my .0400.

cheers

Haven't really kept up with the latest parameter mods since I tuned mine, but has anyone figured out how to cancel that annoying beep beep on the RTH?

Reactions: CoolBreeze
Rural, very open and with almost zero interference.
Later fw upgrades allow to turn off beeping, but i like very much my version so i am not upgrading from my .0400.

cheers

I'm on 700 and I agree, I wouldn't go back to 900 or later even if I can stop the beeping.

CoolBreeze said:
Not to rub in my deck location, nevertheless have flown in my underwear with morning cup of coffee, delivered to launch site by my wife.

LOL TMI LOL

I bet there are people jealous of his deck location. :cool:

CoolBreeze said:

I bet there are people jealous of his deck location. :cool:
hell,im jealous of his wife bringing him coffee,

I hear that! Mine couldn't care less about a drone or its videos or photos!

Wife also best friend and hobby partner. In turn I show interest in her hobbies. Team!

After breaking my piggy bank to buy a Mavic I'm breaking news a computer is needed to download and edit 4K videos. About eight years ago bought a iPad and gave up room/hobby dedicated to assembling and overclocking PCs.

32,353 feet, Yeah, Finally made the 3 Mile Club! This was with only a Stock Battery, Mavic Pro and RC, made it back with 31% in the tank. I had the OA off so i could run at 32mph and did not have the recording on. My altitude in the pic below was 601 feet but there was a difference of 449 feet in elevation from my take off point so I was really only 152 feet above the ground at this point. The weather was perfect, only had a 5mph cross wind. Right after this point in the pic below the RTH activated so I went ahead and canceled and brought it home.

08-13-17_3mile1.jpg
08-13-17_3mile.jpg

Landing with 31% left. Motor Temps were 96f on the front and 95f on the back. Total Flight Time 15:03 minutes.
08-13-17_3mile2.jpg

08-13-17_3mile3.jpg

Real nice Ill be at a job in NY this week so Ill finally be able to fly from some elevations where you can see for miles.

32,353 feet, Yeah, Finally made the 3 Mile Club! This was with only a Stock Battery, Mavic Pro and RC, made it back with 31% in the tank. I had the OA off so i could run at 32mph and did not have the recording on. My altitude in the pic below was 601 feet but there was a difference of 449 feet in elevation from my take off point so I was really only 152 feet above the ground at this point. The weather was perfect, only had a 5mph cross wind. Right after this point in the pic below the RTH activated so I went ahead and canceled and brought it home.

View attachment 19737
View attachment 19739

Landing with 31% left. Motor Temps were 96f on the front and 95f on the back. Total Flight Time 15:03 minutes.
View attachment 19740

View attachment 19743
Great flight and lots of battery at landing.

I hear that!
Wife also best friend and hobby partner. In turn I show interest in her hobbies. Team!

After breaking my piggy bank to buy a Mavic I'm breaking news a computer is needed to download and edit 4K videos. About eight years ago bought a iPad and gave up room/hobby dedicated to assembling and overclocking PCs.

I need a new PC bad for 4K. I have a 9 year Dell Studio Desktop 540, upgraded to the max running 64bit Windows 10 (8GB RAM and 2GB Video Card 500w power supply) and it struggles!

Real nice Ill be at a job in NY this week so Ill finally be able to fly from some elevations where you can see for miles.

I'd love to be able to fly off from a tall building rooftop somewhere.... like a 25+ story, then you can probably just take off and stay basically the same height as you are and worry about getting distance.

Great flight and lots of battery at landing.

I'm hoping bad that DJI or an aftermarket company comes across some breakthrough in battery technology, cheap, high MAH, quick recharge and maybe lasts at least 60 minutes or more flight time. THEN you will really see some crazy Mavic pilots doing some distance stunts once they pack on a directional antenna that's boosted and all.... Bet it won't be uncommon for 10 mile radius flights. Heck the stock record guy I think did 5 miles+ on stock Mavic setup, I have no idea how his battery allowed it!

I'm hoping bad that DJI or an aftermarket company comes across some breakthrough in battery technology, cheap, high MAH, quick recharge and maybe lasts at least 60 minutes or more flight time. THEN you will really see some crazy Mavic pilots doing some distance stunts once they pack on a directional antenna that's boosted and all.... Bet it won't be uncommon for 10 mile radius flights. Heck the stock record guy I think did 5 miles+ on stock Mavic setup, I have no idea how his battery allowed it!

My one and only totality stock distance flight was 6.3 total round trip.
So yes agree not much mor difficult to achieve greater distance. I just poster a related thread question on speed, distance and battery. Hope someone has information.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69