DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Club 3-Mile

7d77e61b96291f26ed01a4827ed32eb2.jpg
23d7c6f1c0369cbb0a779af4cb1b47c3.jpg
I did this in a residential neighborhood

Last edited:
Did a 3 mile while I was in Ireland at the cliffs of moher. Was flying sideways manual all the way out. Was over water the whole time. Wind changed direction the way back. Of course there was decent wind since I was over the ocean. When I landed I had 1 min of battery left. About halfway back the pucker factor started to kick in.

ok today i went for a low altitude(@85') distance run.Objective 40,000'. I THINK I would have made it (I didnt :rolleyes:) if I would have started with 100% battery,(started with 97%)
Canceled RTH which initiated at @15 300, 62% battery life, Flight time9;40 minutes.Canceled that and kept going.
At 50% battery life I was only at 19574.6 ' but I had plenty of places to bring it down so I went for 20000. At 20000 I turned around with 48% battery life,flight time 11:49.Yes I Know I wasent going to make it back across the inlet( I flew to the island north of me) I landed at 37424' flight time 18.52 ,battery life (critical)10%. Had to drive over 2 bridges ,park at the state park,hike thru the trials and picked her up on the dunes ,went back to the beach and flew some more.Yes I know the consequences. Yes I'm gonna do it again( and get the 80,000 Im looking for ) Then I'll go for jakes battery mod:D

Attachments

• Distance.png
    Distance.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: ICHOTT and cderoche
Does anyone know what the round distance total distance record for a stock Mavic Pro is?

This guy has a video that claims stock Mavic in CE mode (European power transmitter limit output level) and went 23035 feet (7021 meters or 4.3 miles!), and only just made it back on low battery.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the round distance total distance record for a stock Mavic Pro is?

This guy has a video that claims stock Mavic in CE mode (European power transmitter limit output level) and went 23035 feet (7021 meters or 4.3 miles!), and only just made it back on low battery.

See link...

Official Mavic Range Leaderboard

Reactions: cderoche
Exciting flight.
End of flight battery remaining? Did you fly out until Low Batter or RTH warning?

I had 11% battery when my Mavic touched down. The wind picked up a bit on my way back from calm to 5 or 6 mph against me on the ground, I'll bet much more high up. I got the battery enough to return to home warning just before I hit the 3 mile mark, and kept going. I canceled the RTH initially. Then I self initiated a RTH to make it come straight back to me, figuring it would use the least battery. I need to build my a deer stand type flying platform (Or better yet, so my wife will buy it, build a tall backyard playground treehouse thing for my kids large enough for me to operate the Mavic from). Then I wouldn't have to go up so high and fight the winds, plus the higher you are the most battery you use, more winds, air density, and further total distance of flight.

It says this for the leading stock person:
1. dirtybum - 27,643 ft - Stock

That's 5.2 miles out and back? I find it pretty tough to believe it on stock batteries, what about you? I can believe it radio signal wise if your'e in a WiFi free area and mostly flat ground or open sea. I guess if you were really lucky, had no wind, and then a strong gust of tailwind pushed you back faster it could maybe be possible. Did he post the video also? Didn't read the whole thread was only interested in the distance.

It says this for the leading stock person:
1. dirtybum - 27,643 ft - Stock

That's 5.2 miles out and back? I find it pretty tough to believe it on stock batteries, what about you? I can believe it radio signal wise if your'e in a WiFi free area and mostly flat ground or open sea. I guess if you were really lucky, had no wind, and then a strong gust of tailwind pushed you back faster it could maybe be possible. Did he post the video also? Didn't read the whole thread was only interested in the distance.

I launch and land on second story bedroom deck...So ecstatic being able to do so. My long flight on calm day. My Round trip 6.3I also RTH as you did and with same reasoning, Mavic smarter then me. dji Mavic Pro statement Max flight distance set at 15.? Mph. My battery set at 30% landed at 26% Raise flight hight when received interference signal.IMG_2821.PNGIMG_2823.PNG

Last edited:
Awesome. I really need a higher launching area as you have, so I wouldn't have to fly 1000ft up when really far out. That and launch from an area with less WiFi interference. I guess I could sit on top of my 10' tall A Frame ladder as a start lol.

Reactions: CoolBreeze
Looong flight!
Zero battery at landing, would get my adrenaline going.
:D:D:Dthat last loop from HP is where I was fighting the critical landing.I was trying to land it on another customer's deck but lost signal and it auto landed in the side yard. Not suitable to land was the last thing I saw before losing signal.Drove the 5 blocks and it was hovering .i didn't see it hovering till I watched the video and saw my van pull up in the reflection off a window(14-16 second mark or video)I got signal back and I could see it on my Ipad but I just couldn't spot it.It was between the houses (pretty tight area)on the other side of the fence.Tried popping it up to spot it but couldn't .Check out the mavic obstacle avoidance at work I couldn't figure out how to upload a 113mb file so had to put it on youtube clip.Hopefully it shows up. Check out window reflection at 14-16 mark

Awesome. I really need a higher launching area as you have, so I wouldn't have to fly 1000ft up when really far out. That and launch from an area with less WiFi interference. I guess I could sit on top of my 10' tall A Frame ladder as a start lol.

I think location has a lot to do with long flight distance. My route over water and grass land/islands, straight LIne Of Sight, (could just barley see drone trail :confused:) and 2 interference signals. Again think best to do in non populated area.

:D:D:Dthat last loop from HP is where I was fighting the critical landing.I was trying to land it on another customer's deck but lost signal and it auto landed in the side yard. Not suitable to land was the last thing I saw before losing signal.Drove the 5 blocks and it was hovering .i didn't see it hovering till I watched the video and saw my van pull up in the reflection off a window(14-16 second mark or video)I got signal back and I could see it on my Ipad but I just couldn't spot it.It was between the houses (pretty tight area)on the other side of the fence.Tried popping it up to spot it but couldn't .Check out the mavic obstacle avoidance at work I couldn't figure out how to upload a 113mb file so had to put it on youtube clip.Hopefully it shows up. Check out window reflection at 14-16 mark

Heart stopping flight. I would say Mavic helped your successful recovery and in a contested area. I wonded about your end of flight route.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78