DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Coastal places to fly between Daphne, AL and Panama City Beach, FL???

marklyn

Reactions
Planning a driving trip to Florida in the next two weeks, and on the way back home to Texas would be spending the night anywhere between Dahpne, AL and Panama City Beach FL. Would appreciate insight into any places near the beach or some other "flight worthy" area. I see there are lots of airports in the area (AFB, commercial and private)... wondering if it's even worth trying to find a place. We're coming back from Vero Beach, FL so that area would be good timing for an already 8 hour drive to stop.
Suggestions or advice on where to fly and any specific areas to fly over would be really helpful!

Well, I'm not going to Iceland, and, I'm not going to the Keys. I'd really appreciate some insight on where I am going.

Reactions: fiatdale
I live in Mobile downtown and fly a few nights a week at Cooper Riverside Park, getting beautiful photos of the skyline and city lights. You can fly (with permission at the USS Alabama Memorial Park, which would give you access to Mobile Bay and the adjacent rivers and causeway, and last but not least, Dauphin Island is always a great choice. Gulf Shores has ordinances against drone use of any kind in place, fyi. I attached a few pictures so you can get an idea of the scenery.DJI_0003.JPG DJI_0003.JPG DJI_0004b (36).JPG DJI_0038.JPG IMG_20180720_071912.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180720_072309.jpg
    IMG_20180720_072309.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20180720_072948.jpg
    IMG_20180720_072948.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20180720_073219.jpg
    IMG_20180720_073219.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
MavicNGoose, thanks for the info. Have you ever flown near Panama City? That is where we found a place to stay for a couple days.

MavicNGoose, thanks for the info. Have you ever flown near Panama City? That is where we found a place to stay for a couple days.
Panama City Beach has lots of water and boats.
Great place to fly. I live closer to Mobile but believe PC Beach better for Bays, Gulf, Boats etc.
Image PC.CE5D091C-4B22-429E-9FF8-B7FC353DE310.jpeg

Mick, any particular places you fly around PC (specific). I see there are lots of nfz's up and down the coast. Nice picture by the way!

You can fly in the area around the beach ball water tower at Pensacola Beach. The first time I flew there I asked a sheriff's deputy who was parked there and he said it was fine. You will see lots of people flying around the beach. Just don't go to the Gulf Islands National Seashore area and try to fly.

Thanks, that's good to know but probably won't go further than where we are staying in PCB area. I was hoping to find some Litchi discover missions in the area to snag but was concerned when I never saw any, thinking it wasn't a good idea to fly there. We're staying at a condo at 1500 beach road and the beach is right across the road. I really would like to get some flying in that area.

I’m a stop and fly early or late and stay away from people kind of guy.
I don’t ask, Stop, Get the shot and go politely.
Image is from my son’s house in PC but I have flown lots in Pensacola, Gulf Breeze, Perdido Key and Mobile delta. All great places.
Pretty laid back area. Lived in Gulf Breeze 20 years.
Use your head, enjoy and just move on if someone gets panties in a knot.
Marklyn walk over to beach just before sunrise and there will be few people around and beautiful light for hour or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: marklyn
Are you traveling near Sav, GA? We're definitely on the coast with tons of cool marsh and a downtown that wasn't burnt when Sherman stormed thru... Buildings as old as the country... We are The City of Trees. More trees in our city limit than any where else.. . I'm Talking 300 year old oaks... Just saying... I work at the number one Google hit place for flying drones in town, too. .. Savannah Harbor Westin Resort Golf Club and Spa... Hit me up.

Unfortunately not this trip, we've been to Savannah before I had a drone and remember now that I'd like to come back to fly. Tybee Island sticks out too, lots of good places to fly I bet.

Ok. That's all Cool&theGang. Anytime you're planning something, hollar. Bring the other half to the spa and I'll spend the day picking your brain. Lol

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura