DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Code 30087

Dcruz

Reactions
Just got my Mavic mini a week ago. It has been flying just fine till yesterday it started to fly out of control and it flew in to a tree and got stuck. I got it down from and found the battery door 1/2 way off fro the hinge. I repairs the door and attempted to fly it again and instead of hovering above me it actually slammed into a wall instead. From that moment on I give me a code of 30087, “angle pitch to large” the drone is sitting flat on the floor. i did a firmware update and calibrated the drone and remote and still the same thing. My other issue is that the tamper probe sicker was remove to replace battery door. So I am afraid that warranty isn’t an option at this point.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Prismatic
... the tamper probe sticker was removed to replace battery door. So I am afraid that warranty isn’t an option at this point.
Bummer. The first "out of control" flight may or may not have been pilot error. It sounds like it might have been a yaw error, which can happen if the drone initializes itself in a magnetically compromise location, such as from steel embedded in concrete. DJI often covers those accidents under warranty. If you want to find out what happened for certain, you should follow the instructions in the "Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide", and post the log for that first crash flight here for expert analysis.

However, the second crash sounds much worse; it may have been (another?) yaw error incident, or perhaps the first crash damaged the IMU or another internal component. But at that point you were flying a drone with potential damage, which was already out of warranty from your repair attempt. So that crash can't be considered DJI's responsibility, and there's no way to sort out what damage happened in which crash.

So I think you're on the hook for all repairs now. You can send it into DJI for that; I've found them fast and reasonably priced, but as always, YMMV. There are other reputable independent drone repair shops; one or more may chime in here.

While your drone is out for repair, you may want to read up here on the concept of "yaw errors", and how to avoid them.

Reactions: japharl
Just got my Mavic mini a week ago. It has been flying just fine till yesterday it started to fly out of control and it flew in to a tree and got stuck. I got it down from and found the battery door 1/2 way off fro the hinge. I repairs the door and attempted to fly it again and instead of hovering above me it actually slammed into a wall instead. From that moment on I give me a code of 30087, “angle pitch to large” the drone is sitting flat on the floor. i did a firmware update and calibrated the drone and remote and still the same thing. My other issue is that the tamper probe sicker was remove to replace battery door. So I am afraid that warranty isn’t an option at this point.
Did you find out what error 30087 was for?

It sounds like flying drones may not be the hobby for you. Judging by the unfortunate events in the space of a week since you got it, I think this may be more than just a case of 'bad luck'. Drones don't normally just "fly out of control" for no reason. There is usually an element of pilot error involved, which I suspect in your situation, to almost certainly be the case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
controllesp