Join Us Now

Code error 0x4000000

I use Android.
My sequence is
Phone on
App on
Connect remote, remote on.
Then drone on

I have issues with any other sequence...

Of interest, when updating firmware, the DJI site specifically notes.
Turn on computer and go to DJI assist 2 BEFORE connecting remote.

Apparently, the remote connection needs to have the phone/computer ready for connection before the connection is performed.

Manuals are not always correct.

Your sequence essentially is the same as mine.

Code error 0x4000000
Take a look at this forum, it is confirmed to be a iOS issue and DJI is alerted. Engineers are looking into it and working on it. They say to ignore the air encoder error. They said they will be addressing it soon.

So just to be clear, those that have received this error have had no issues with flying their MPP? Also, has any member on this forum posted a review of their first impression?

So just to be clear, those that have received this error have had no issues with flying their MPP? Also, has any member on this forum posted a review of their first impression?
It did not affect my first flight what so ever... but it did make me nervous. As far as first impressions, the first thing I will say is it is WAY quieter than my Mavic Pro was. The videos don't really do it justice but it's a definite difference, and worthwhile. Second is they put some pieces of guard tape on it in different areas to protect the paint from the opening and closing of the arms. I thought that was nice. Last, my first flight was at night, line of sight, above a well lit private parking lot. It seemed like the camera had a hard time focusing on the lights off in the distance and I don't recall the Mavic being like that but it may have been closer to dusk and thus more light. Seemed to focus fine on the parking lot itself (again well lit). I am glad I waited though, it was definitely worth the wait! I can't wait to fly it during the day, especially with not being nervous about the aforementioned error code.

Reactions: CCDD
Ok so let me ask.
Will using my desktop MacPro cause this error also? I keep seeing iOS which is Mac mobile devices.

To: Raw911: > ... Will using my desktop MacPro cause this error also?

For me, I also used a Mac Pro Laptop, and a Windows 10 computer, to do a refresh using Assistant 2. It made no difference to me. Same error.
My Mac Pro could not refresh the controller thou, as the Mac Computer gave me a warning the controller was putting out too much voltage. I had to use a Windows computer to refresh the controler.

Testing today.

Mavic PP w/ latest firmware
Latest dji Go 4 app
iPad Mini 4 iOS 11.03
Moto G5 Plus Android 7.0
Video mode 1080@24fps running throughout both flights.
Error present on iPad with factory 16GB SD and new 64GB SD. No error on Moto with either card. Test flights today conducted with 64 GB SD. Same issues on iPad the other day with the stock 16GB SD though.

iPad shows subject error. Constant disconnects from iPad where unplugging the cable and reconnecting brings connection back for a short period. Never lost control of aircraft from RC, but disconnects stops any running intelligent flight mode. Flew like this thru a whole battery charge. Probably had about 8 disconnects in 20 minutes. Very windy day.

Moto G5 same test with fresh battery. No error message. No disconnects from phone. Worked as advertised.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Testing today.

Latest dji Go 4 app
iPad Mini 4 iOS 11.03
Moto G5 Plus Android 7.0

iPad shows subject error. Constant disconnects from iPad where unplugging the cable and reconnecting brings connection back for a short period. Never lost control of aircraft from RC, but disconnects stops any running intelligent flight mode. Flew like this thru a whole battery charge. Probably had about 8 disconnects in 20 minutes. Very windy day.

Moto G5 same test with fresh battery. No error message. No disconnects from phone. Worked as advertised.

Thoughts?

Only one: we have to wait for the update from the DJI engineers.

I had an Air Encoder Error 0x8000000 problem. Reported to DJI, they said reinstall firmware or send it in. I replaced micro card and it went away.

I am not flying my MPP! They will blame me for the Encoder Error. .."must have been a crash"

Anyway, I mentioned earlier that I have the same error. The consensus seems to be an iOS issue.
With that in mind, I would like to share another issue with iOS.

The PDF manual from Web, (not the 4 inch high, 2 pixel high type face manual that came with the product)
“Flight Test”, page 56.

2. Turn on Remote Controler, and your mobile device. Turn on flight battery.
3. Launch the DJI Go 4 App….

This seems to be the ‘standard’ sequence.
However, I can never connect this way using iOS. (Both iPhone, and Cellular iPad)

To connect, I have to do this in sequence:

1 Launch DJI Go 4 App
2 Turn on Controller
3 Turn on MPP

Now, the iOS device is connected.
I wonder if there are more iOS issues ???

I haven’t had any other issues minus this error code. Still haven’t flown but there was another post by that dji admin saying it’s definitely an iOS issue and the engineers are working on jt

Testing today.

Latest dji Go 4 app
iPad Mini 4 iOS 11.03
Moto G5 Plus Android 7.0
Error present on iPad with factory 16GB SD and new 64GB SD. No error on Moto with either card. Test flights today conducted with 64 GB SD. Same issues on iPad the other day with the stock 16GB SD though.

Thoughts?

Moto G5????

Here’s a update for me, after the update on my phone the error is gone. I plugged in the iPad that didn’t have the app update and the error is still there.

So all in all looks like it was an app issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78