DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Coincidence or the reason for the delay?

I got a letter from the BETA team this morning:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the Mavic Beta Project. Unfortunately due to the tight schedule for the v01.02.0800 firmware release and the delay in Mavic Pro shipments, the current beta test link will be deleted.

We are working to fulfill orders as fast as possible. Remember to update the serial number of your Mavic after receiving it. Your interest in this project and DJI Beta community application will be kept on file for the next firmware beta.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused,

Regards,

DJI Mavic Beta Team

So maybe they waited until they fixed the GPS lose issue before shipping and now the firmware beta is not needed.

A GPS software issue could make sense for the delay and explain why they didn't offer a timeline - they didn't know what the problem was or when they'd be able to fix it. They could have shipped Mavics out, but what if they weren't able to resolve the issue? They could potentially have a lot of angry customers complaining of fly-aways, or they could alternatively ground the drone but neither of those seem like a viable alternative for DJI. I would bet late last night some dev in China figured out the issue and fixed it. I hope someone gives that guy (or team) a nice bonus.

Maybe we will be able to tell. It seems they found out after they had the first round packaged up so the seal may be broken and resealed. Something to look for and compare to in the next batch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters