DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Combining hobbies.

KennyJr

Reactions
My wife is into all forms of crafting; sewing, painting, glass etching, paper/vinyl crafts and more. Sometimes I think I should but stock in Michaels. Then again she doesn't complain (much) when I spend money on mine.

A couple of months age she was using ribbon on one of her projects and I thought attaching a piece of that bright orange ribbon to the gimbal clamp would remind me to remove the clamp before power up. 2" of ribbon and a glue dot did the trick. She also had gold numbers and letters from another project so I numbered the batteries and used some smaller gold letters and numbers to put the FA number on one of the legs. Last month she was going through the cartridges for her Cricut cutting machine and a saw I nice image and used it to cut it from a piece of adhesive backed gold vinyl. The results are shown below.

Owl.jpgRibbon.jpgNumbers.jpg

Or there is the old fashioned way of tying it on with a simple knot. I actually tore up the house this morning looking for the lone, last, and expired tube of superglue.

Frustrated, I looked at the plastic support piece and saw it has openings on either side of the arched part of it. Used about six inches of thin blue ribbon and bingo! It does not interfere with anything.

Or there is the old fashioned way of tying it on with a simple knot. I actually tore up the house this morning looking for the lone, last, and expired tube of superglue.

Frustrated, I looked at the plastic support piece and saw it has openings on either side of the arched part of it. Used about six inches of thin blue ribbon and bingo! It does not interfere with anything.

Never have to worry about that here. Two different Zyron machines for turning just about anything into a sticker several different glue dot types, spray adhesive, and just about any other type of glue.

I'm kind of hoping she wants one of the new Cricut cutting machines. The new ones allow you to cut from .svg files. The one she has now only cuts what is on the cartridges. With the new machines I could cut my own skins, decals, etc. Now I know what to get her for her birthday.

Just speaking about hobby lobby..
They DO have a ton of stuff for models.. Like decals and stuff... I would LOVE to find a way to apply decals to the Mavic where they would stay attached...

Any ideas?

Reactions: mnis
My wife put some stickers on my old P3 Standard and never had an issue with them coming off in flight.
Stickers and decals by definition are completely different. The model decal is applied by soaking it in water and then sliding it from the paper it came on onto the model desired... If it it's on a shelf, the highly extreme detailed decals are 10x more realistic than any printed "sticker" you could find. The problem is that a decal seems to dry out and crumble to dust if handled.... That's what I'm trying to say. Obviously, there is no difference between a skin and a sticker.
But a decal is different...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot