DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Comet Neowise

I have come back to this photo a few times now. Still amazes me. This is a great shot and a unique way to use a drone. I live in the bay area, California. And “summer” here basically means it’s always pretty windy, figgy etc. I love long exposure shots, blending multiple exposures etc. But it is definitely difficult at times.

Again, super cool photo.

Reactions: joeke3el
I'm amazed that the 8 second exposures didn't individually blur.......can the drone really be that stable for 8 seconds?

I'm amazed that the 8 second exposures didn't individually blur.......can the drone really be that stable for 8 seconds?

On the night of the 13th, there was a small breeze, and at an 8 sec exposure I had to discard about 14 out of 29 photos. Last night, when the above picture was made, the air was perfectly still and I had 39 out of 40 usable photos. If the air is still, the MA2 seems to stay stable enough for the 8 seconds. My height was 193 feet to clear the trees and a little bit more behind my house.

I have come back to this photo a few times now. Still amazes me. This is a great shot and a unique way to use a drone. I live in the bay area, California. And “summer” here basically means it’s always pretty windy, figgy etc. I love long exposure shots, blending multiple exposures etc. But it is definitely difficult at times.

Again, super cool photo.

Thanks, Airmark1. I've been waiting/trying since the 13th for a night like the last. No clouds in the area and the air was perfectly still. The MA2 won't give you the best shot compared to cameras on the ground meant for this, but it did allow me to sit on my deck and not leave the yard while getting a view only travelling by car could get me. :)

Joe

Reactions: Airmark1
Oh, and let's not forget- the SKY is moving too during those 8 seconds

Taken with the MA2. Here are seven stacked photos at ISO 6400 with an exposure time of 8 sec each of the Neowise comet tonight. Taken at 9:58 pm from North East PA. Stacking done using the Gimp photo editor.
Real nice, I have been photographing the comet also but from the ground. I thought about the drone but didn't think my Mavic Air could do that.
Living in Florida the comet is closer to the horizon. Waiting a few days more as it keeps getting higher at night, although getting dimmer.
View attachment 108446

Reactions: joeke3el
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones