DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Community based organization's guidelines for night flying as recreational flyer.

UgashikBob

Reactions
I have exchanged several emails with FAA UAS support center regarding night flying in class G airspace as a recreational flyer. Besides the normal requirements a knowledge of community based organization's guidelines is required until Advisory Circular 91-57C (pending) that will provide guidance on the establishment and formal recognition of CBOs. Once that occurs, then "safety guidelines that are developed in coordination with the Federal Aviation Administration" will shortly follow. I have googled both state and local ordinances and found nothing on night flying. Attempting to contact local flying club. Anyone have any other contact points for awareness of night flying regulations in the interim?

Night Flying - As a Recreational Operator, in G Airspace there are no restrictions from the FAA. Since there is no CBO (right now) there are no restrictions there as well.

What I tell my clients is to look up and follow the Part 107 Night Time requirements (lighting etc) and follow those until a CBO set are created that you want to follow.

Reactions: Vic Moss
You can fly at night under 44809.

if you ask for rules; there will be rules
There are already rules. It doesn’t matter if we ask or not. They’re congressionally mandated.

if you ask for rules; there will be rules

Huh? Makes no sense at all. No one is asking for RULES but asking ABOUT the rules so they can fly within them.

HUGE difference :)

Reactions: Vic Moss
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54