DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass error after Mavic Pro Platinum disassembly to add internal SD card

3.900 is the last firmware you can adjust height.
So I can run MPP with 1.04.0000 modded with .0900 flight modules (305 & 306) and there will be no incompatibility right?

Also if I stay on .09, will I have the option to save photos and videos in internal SD too? If yes, I will have the same option in 1.04.00 ?

So I can run MPP with 1.04.0000 modded with .0900 flight modules (305 & 306) and there will be no incompatibility right?

Also if I stay on .09, will I have the option to save photos and videos in internal SD too? If yes, I will have the same option in 1.04.00 ?
The only issue will be motor current errors as the platinum esc reports current differently. There's an app patch available to get rid of that.

Saving to SD should be the same.

Reactions: FlyingEagle
The only issue will be motor current errors as the platinum esc reports current differently. There's an app patch available to get rid of that.

Saving to SD should be the same.
That's nice! So I would be able to fly my bird higher than 500.

I have bought an 64gb sd and my 16gb is free now. Can I use this one for internal and if yes what format should I do? Default allocation and simple format?

Last edited:
Ok, I opened it for last time and I inserted a 16gb SD card (internal). Now the problem is with the compass. Thunderdrones told me to upload some pictures of the compass so that's what I did.

PS: Sorry for the quality. I couldn't do it better.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

2nd to last pic looks like the wire connector on the right is bent and may not be contacting the pin on the male end,

Could be just reflections but check inside the connector that the pin sockets are all normal looking. Esp the 2 on the right.

2nd to last pic looks like the wire connector on the right is bent and may not be contacting the pin on the male end,

Could be just reflections but check inside the connector that the pin sockets are all normal looking. Esp the 2 on the right.

I am going to check it. I will power on the drone and I will try to push one by one the wires to the source. I will be viewing the compass status in DJI GO app. I will post the results once I test it. If I manage to fix it how should I stick it? I don't think I can solder it.

Hey everyone. I have good and bad news.
The good news are that I managed somehow to fix(?) the problem with the compass. Once I opened the top cover of the MPP, I tried with a scissors to push the wires down. The compass status in the GO app was red and I couldn't fix it but when I closed the top cover and I was ready to pack it and send it for repair, I powered it on just to see if there were other warnings too and the compass error disappeared! I downgraded to 1.03.0900 and I managed to change the max altitude and now it can fly higher than 500+ meters. I am going to upgrade it now to 1.04.00 without 305 and 306 modules.

The bad news are that I get motor error status and in the middle of the flight I got compass error again but nothing happened, GPS was working great.

UPDATE:
How can I find this patch for DJI GO app? Is this the deejayeye-modder patch?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead