DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass error - Go to Atti mode. The obstruction of the horizon.

Most_NT

Reactions
Hello everybody. Help me. After take-off, a compass error appears. (I fly in different places - forest, field, city). Always the same. About 2 minutes after take-off, the compass error appears. The calibration does not help. What to do? Help please advice. I think my compasses are magnetized.

Hello, lately I have the same issues as you. Compass error appears for a few minutes then disappears. Mag control error appears. I have fly in different places, away from metal structures, open fields, away from electric towers. I have tried calibration but it wont work. I have done calibration thru the computer. I purchase my mavic around May 2017.

Hello, lately I have the same issues as you. Compass error appears for a few minutes then disappears. Mag control error appears. I have fly in different places, away from metal structures, open fields, away from electric towers. I have tried calibration but it wont work. I have done calibration thru the computer. I purchase my mavic around May 2017.

I found on the Internet a device for demagnetizing compasses. It's called a Cfixer. Someone used this device? Does this device help?

You can use a old fashion video tape bulk tape eraser if you think the Mavic has been placed close to a powerful magnetic source such as big HiFi system speakers.

What you are looking to do is called, "degausing". You can do this with a household magnet. I used to have to do this with my Phantom 2, but have not run into this on my Mavic - so I can't tell you how to do it, just what needs to be done.

For the Phantom 2, if you connect it up to the computer with the DJI software running, you could actually see your compass values in real time. I don't know if Assistant 2 has this feature, but it would be worth finding out. Take a good magnet and run one side of it in circles over the Mavic's compass - kinda like you're scrubbing the floor. If the compass values start moving in the wrong direction, turn the magnet over and do the same thing, until you reach the normal state (values) for the compass.

Again, I haven't had to do this, so I don't know exactly where the compass is located in the Mavic, or if the assistant s/w supports real-time readouts for the compass values.... But what I posted above will fix a wayward compass.

Reactions: Gasjkh2
What you are looking to do is called, "degausing". You can do this with a household magnet. I used to have to do this with my Phantom 2, but have not run into this on my Mavic - so I can't tell you how to do it, just what needs to be done.

For the Phantom 2, if you connect it up to the computer with the DJI software running, you could actually see your compass values in real time. I don't know if Assistant 2 has this feature, but it would be worth finding out. Take a good magnet and run one side of it in circles over the Mavic's compass - kinda like you're scrubbing the floor. If the compass values start moving in the wrong direction, turn the magnet over and do the same thing, until you reach the normal state (values) for the compass.

Again, I haven't had to do this, so I don't know exactly where the compass is located in the Mavic, or if the assistant s/w supports real-time readouts for the compass values.... But what I posted above will fix a wayward compass.

I tried this method - this method does not work. It just got worse.

I ordered a device for demagnetizing DJI compasses - Cfixer. Waiting for delivery. Later I'll write whether it helped or not

Reactions: Prado man
I tried this method - this method does not work. It just got worse.

Did you try flipping the magnet over? If it gets worse, then you're using the wrong side of the magnet. That Cfixer has a hefty price tag. Please do report back on how it works.

Did you try flipping the magnet over? If it gets worse, then you're using the wrong side of the magnet. That Cfixer has a hefty price tag. Please do report back on how it works.

Good. I'll tell you whether it helped or not. I'll get a cfixer soon. Found a video. Look.

Reactions: Qoncussion
You can use a old fashion video tape bulk tape eraser if you think the Mavic has been placed close to a powerful magnetic source such as big HiFi system speakers.

Now Im worried about this as I have placed the Mavic in It’s case on top of a guitar amp.
Not a huge amp but has a 10” speaker.
How do I determine for sure if I need to de/magnetize?

Now Im worried about this as I have placed the Mavic in It’s case on top of a guitar amp.
Not a huge amp but has a 10” speaker.
How do I determine for sure if I need to de/magnetize?

1) When flying in a straight line, Quadrocopter blows aside
2) Curve horizon on video
3) When sharp maneuvers appear compass error

Good. I'll tell you whether it helped or not. I'll get a cfixer soon. Found a video. Look.

If it does work, you should rent it out to other users ( w/deposit if needed until returned) to make your money back, or if enough rentals, make a profit [emoji6].
There was a Fender Roller on another Forum where this was done and I participated in the rental.
This system works great for those One Time Use tools that aren’t cheap.

If it does work, you should rent it out to other users ( w/deposit if needed until retuIf it does work, you should rent it out to other users ( w/deposit if needed until returned) to make your money back, or if enough rentals, make a profit
emoji6.png
There was a Fender Roller on another Forum where this was done and I participated in the rental.
This system works great for those One Time Use tools that aren’t cheap.rned) to make your money back, or if enough rentals, make a profit [emoji6].

If it does work, you should rent it out to other users ( w/deposit if needed until returned) to make your money back, or if enough rentals, make a profit [emoji6].

On March 3 I will receive the Cfixer. I can help everyone free of charge - if this works

Reactions: MichiganMavic

I received a Cfixer. in a few days I will test and write a review.

20825545.jpg

yes please post back I would like to know

thanks

Reactions: Most_NT
yes please post back I would like to know

thanks

I tested the cfixer. Guys. It really works. It really helps. It clears the compass error. Removes the magnetization of the compass. After applying the cfixer the quadrocopter starts to fly in a straight line (without deviations from the set course). Cfixer solved the problem tilted horizon when making turns. I'm happy. I thought it would not help, but it helped.

I used these video instructions.

Thank you all and good flight =)

Reactions: Qoncussion
that's good to know! thanks for posting :)

I just wish the price wasn't so high! maybe some company will make a cheaper version :)

You can accomplish the same thing with a magnet. See post #5, above.

yes I can see that may work but I suppose it depends on the magnet size that may be need?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan