DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass error

Sorry, but the posts showing Microsoft BI graphs cause problems for viewing using an IPad that I don’t get with other graphs. Those posts lock up the forum for minutes at a time. Can’t even scroll past them!

Yep. It makes my Android freeze and then crawl. I mentioned it before.

This compass error has been the Acheleas heel I think. I wonder if the latest firmware touches it. I think it would be a nightmare of a problem when it suddenly pops up on any sUAV. Op, it's not the first time this has happened. There's a few post out there where the compass error pops up and the YAW gets thrown off making the drone do circles. No one knows why it happens. Being in the I.T field we call these gremlins. Just can't explain them since something they are random. Personally I lean towards artificially created magnetic fields or a actual hardware anomaly directing to a future failure.
The latest FW won't "touch" this. And, we know exactly why this happens. It's been being discussed for a couple of years now. It's not a gremlin. It's caused by the underlying math and physics.

The latest FW won't "touch" this. And, we know exactly why this happens. It's been being discussed for a couple of years now. It's not a gremlin. It's caused by the underlying math and physics.

Care to explain. Some of us aren't aware of the culprit. I'm new and wish to gather knowledge!

Reactions: Trollistika
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18