DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass redundancy switch warning (never seen it before)

Reactions
Hi I flew a bunch of times on my s7 but when I first tried my Ipad air 2 while flying in sports mode a error popped up saying "Warning: compass redundancy switch" so I landed DJI chat said to re calibrate IMU and compass. Any idea what happened? I was flying in my backyard open field area like always. i'm on the last firmware and app is updated...

Last edited:
I got the same message today on my iPhone - second flight since the update.
Found that it was not as stable as normal, and started to drift a bit on the first flight, but no message. Today also not as stable as normal and the message appeared.

Reactions: xblackxopsxsecretsx
I am getting this message since .400. I read here that it may be early Mavs with a wire too close to the motor wires and that DJI was RMA'ing those Mavs. So far when it happens to me and I look at the compass, both seem fine...not sure why it's switching and if it's a concern. It behaves fine and doesn't seem to impact anything in my case.

But granted when I stopped and looked at the compass, I wasn't flying fast. Supposedly, that is what causes the motor RFI to affect the compass causing the switch to compass 2, or 1 if it was already on 2. It happens to me both in Sport Mode and regular makes no difference. I see this on just about every flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N