DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Complete list of all Mavic Pro Updates

AcesHigh

Reactions
Hi Pilots,

i am wondering if there is a website or a full list of all Mavic Pro firmware updates since release date? I would really like to know what has been changed since day 1.

Kind regards,
Mike

Release notes on downloads section of product page...
Thank you very much!
That is great but a little bit hidden

And the files themselves - is there a site where i can download the firmware manually

Thanks again,
Mike

The Mavic and its accessories can offically only be up/downgraded using either the app or assistant to versions that DJI decides to give you access to, which is the latest and sometimes one or 2 earlier ones.

And unoffically?
Few months ago i saw some links on a google drive with several firmware verions but i can`t remember where...

Thanks,
Mike

Bear in mind that the release notes from DJI cover only what DJI decides we are allowed to know. So they are not complete at all, not for any release. There are a lot of never communicated changes to both firmware and GO app.

The release notes are practically useless.

Reactions: Kilrah
And unoffically?
Admins here have decided to ban discussions about anything unofficial, so you might want to go document yourself on the dedicated DJI modding thread on RCGroups instead. There while mods initially censored posts and warned authors the admins since stepped in and reversed those decisions after deciding there was no reason for censorship unless there was an actual ruling outlawing them - i.e. standard presumption of innocence which has been a problem here.

To the admin team - realize that now even DJI's own forum is letting those discussions happen, and a DJI forum admin actually advised a user to use unofficial tools to try and solve their problem.

Hi Kilrah,

thank you very much for that info. I do not have anything illegal in mind. I thought it is possible to download any official firmware from the past and patch the drone with the dji assistant 2.
@Lake_Flyer very interesting- thank you!
@dirkclod Thank you i found that pdf

Best regards
Mike

Reactions: dirkclod
To the admin team - realize that now even DJI's own forum is letting those discussions happen, and a DJI forum admin actually advised a user to use unofficial tools to try and solve their problem.
The Chinese snake biting its own tale, classic tale.

I would really like to know what has been changed since day 1.

DJI will never show a complete list of firmware changes to the public. Not even to national aviation officials. This is the main reason that DJI drones don't get a type rating, at least not in my country (NL). Our CAA officially asked DJI for an extensive and complete list for every firmware update for Inspire and Matrice. DJI refused after many requests. So my commercially flown Inspire1 is frozen to 1.09.30. If I upgrade my craft is not airworthy anymore, unless I can prove that there are no alterations to any of the characteristics of the craft. Which i can't because I can't get the details. I can only assume. Or conduct a completely new airworthiness testing procedure. Well, that's kind of expensive. And stupid given the many updates we had the last couple of years. Not doing this dance anymore.

Officially, even the ground control station (GO App) should be tested after every update, if the CAA was aware of the regularly totally undocumented changes in functionality, limitations and even screen layout in the ground station app they would even demand we would freeze GO forever, which is practically impossible.

Bare with me I have to look at this from a professional pilots point of view. For hobby use I might (guess not!) welcome the constant additions of new 'exciting features' and further nannying because DJI want even the most simple soul to be able to 'fly' their drones (they don't fly, they only press screen buttons) without proper flight school.

They might there but the changing of parameters will not be posted here until the owners say it can .Am working with a member and Admin on letting the rollback of firmware be posted and will be in the normal place so just give it a little time till Digdat0 logs back on and receives my message .
Also in this thread is not where you discuss something to the Admin's which I'm not so please no further on this in this thread .
Thanks

Reactions: digdat0
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada