DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Complete loss of focusing ability while in the air

ccoltmanm

Reactions
I was flying for 15 minutes with a manual focus set. Then I flew a bit to a new location and tried to refocus. I found that I was unable to change the focus in any way.

I tried auto focus, nothing. It wouldn’t even try to find the focus. I went manual and slid it all the way everywhere, again no visual attempt.

I tried to mess with the shutter because it was at night, and still nothing. When I landed there was no fog or visible damage. I still couldn’t focus while on the ground.

Brought it home and in my room turned on the MP and all was good.

Thoughts? Any way to save it while in the air? I’d hate for this to happen and I lose 5-10 minutes because of landing and power cycling.

I was flying for 15 minutes with a manual focus set. Then I flew a bit to a new location and tried to refocus. I found that I was unable to change the focus in any way.

I tried auto focus, nothing. It wouldn’t even try to find the focus. I went manual and slid it all the way everywhere, again no visual attempt.

I tried to mess with the shutter because it was at night, and still nothing. When I landed there was no fog or visible damage. I still couldn’t focus while on the ground.

Brought it home and in my room turned on the MP and all was good.

Thoughts? Any way to save it while in the air? I’d hate for this to happen and I lose 5-10 minutes because of landing and power cycling.

This happened to me a few flights back.....shut it down & all was fine!!!

Reactions: jason38
There are still many bugs, I often lose the ability to change exposure for example... usually start/stop recording or switch a few times between photo/video modes or changing resolution back and forth tends to get it to work again.

Yep, happened to me some times...
Just come back, make it land turn it off and then on, and it could be okay...
Annoying when it 's not focusing over your POI you reached after 5-10min flying...then you have to come back to restart the whole thing....and dont get enough power to fly there again....
So always check that the camera focusing is ok at the beginning of each flight!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdleffler