DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confidence in Litchi mission

ScottyV

Reactions
(sorry if I missed a general thread about this....searched and didn't find anything, wanted to get a general and up-to-date consensus)

I've flown just a few Litchi missions in front of my house where drone was always in sight, missions were short and an easy loop in front of me. I'm planning on doing some longer mission etc. Just wanted to get peoples opinions of how stable and reliable Litchi missions is (assuming everything has been set up correctly: waypoint locations and altitudes so as to not hit anything, set RTH correctly). I don't care if it might do some weird things with the camera etc (which are in some of the threads in this forum) but just don't want to lose the drone.

If you have any comments suggestions, that would be great too.
Thanks

Part of the reason I ask is that on one of the missions it looked like it was about to start the missions and suddenly just cruised off at a 90 degree angle to the direction it was supposed to go. Luckily there was nothing to hit in that direction. Not sure if I hit a button or what happened, but I eventually stopped it and got it back by clicking on sport mode.

Works, I'm new but it has done everything I've told it to. Need to smooth out my turns but other than that[emoji106].

Litchi missions have always done pretty much what I programmed them to do - including fly right into a tree that was just a wee bit taller than the flight altitude I selected (IOW pilot error).

Fly with confidence! Thumbswayup

Reactions: JMF
So far rock solid for me also thru my current total of 218 waypoint missions - longest mission covered 36,000ft+ with 39 waypoints. I love it.

Part of the reason I ask is that on one of the missions it looked like it was about to start the missions and suddenly just cruised off at a 90 degree angle to the direction it was supposed to go. Luckily there was nothing to hit in that direction. Not sure if I hit a button or what happened, but I eventually stopped it and got it back by clicking on sport mode.
Just curious, but was your exact takeoff point different from the first waypoint location?

I'm more confident of a Litchi waypoint mission than flying manually - as long as I have plotted it accurately. I believe Litchi uploads the whole flight plan to the drone before it takes off, so as long as you haven't made any errors in plotting, it won't even matter if you lose connectivity to the drone while in flight... it will complete the mission as plotted.

Reactions: Brojon
Failed waypoint missions due to incorrect programming or execution are right up there in the top reasons for crashing an RPA.

I'm more confident of a Litchi waypoint mission than flying manually - as long as I have plotted it accurately. I believe Litchi uploads the whole flight plan to the drone before it takes off, so as long as you haven't made any errors in plotting, it won't even matter if you lose connectivity to the drone while in flight... it will complete the mission as plotted.

I think Litchi uploads the waypoints, altitude an speed after the drone is in the air (you start the mission and it then asks you to verify the waypoints and select “go”), not before takeoff.

I think Litchi uploads the waypoints, altitude an speed after the drone is in the air (you start the mission and it then asks you to verify the waypoints and select “go”), not before takeoff.
It depends when you press the play button. It will load the mission to the aircraft when you hit the play button. That could be before or after takeoff, as you choose. You then get a pre flight report splash and if you like what you see you press the Go box to have it takeoff and fly the mission.
I mostly do all this with the mavic motionless on the ground. This works well so long as there is a clear path from about 30’ above takeoff point where the auto takeoff finishes to WPT1.

It depends when you press the play button. It will load the mission to the aircraft when you hit the play button. That could be before or after takeoff, as you choose. You then get a pre flight report splash and if you like what you see you press the Go box to have it takeoff and fly the mission.
I mostly do all this with the mavic motionless on the ground. This works well so long as there is a clear path from about 30’ above takeoff point where the auto takeoff finishes to WPT1.

Ah yes, this is what I do (press Go from the ground).

Obstacle avoidance saved my drone one time while flying a Litchi mission. I forgot to adjust a couple waypoints for altitude and my mission flew me to close to the tops of a few trees. I was horrified watching my screen as my mission had me flying directly at a tree! OA totally saved the day, the drone moved to the left away from the tree and continued on with the mission.

I've learned to pay better attention to the ground altitude when marking waypoints.

Obstacle avoidance saved my drone one time while flying a Litchi mission. I forgot to adjust a couple waypoints for altitude and my mission flew me to close to the tops of a few trees. I was horrified watching my screen as my mission had me flying directly at a tree! OA totally saved the day, the drone moved to the left away from the tree and continued on with the mission.

I've learned to pay better attention to the ground altitude when marking waypoints.
Thanks for the feedback. We're you flying the pro or air?

Litchi missions have always done pretty much what I programmed them to do - including fly right into a tree that was just a wee bit taller than the flight altitude I selected (IOW pilot error).

Fly with confidence! Thumbswayup
You had obstacle avoidance on or off?

Litchi waypoints works for me. I have the first and last waypoint set directly above my takeoff point. That way, when it takes off it will go straight up and if the controller/app dies it will complete the mission returning directly above me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78