DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confidence in Litchi mission

Just flew my first flight with Litchi today. Litchi app crashed on my iPad two waypoints into a 14 waypoint mission and lost connection. My MPP flew the full mission and return to home perfectly. Very impressive!... hopefully the crash will not be a recurring issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Cowley
Just curious, but was your exact takeoff point different from the first waypoint location?

Sorry for the late response, was away on vacation for a while. My initial takeoff position was a couple hundred feet away from the 1st waypoint. I typically take off, then manually fly over near the 1st waypoint, and then start the mission (it seems to work for me, not sure if there are any downfalls to doing it that way)

Thanks all for the comments and info.

I flew a number of missions in different locations over the past two weeks and didn't encounter any problems.
Even in fairly gusty wind conditions the missions went off flawlessly and video was smooth. Hopefully will be posting some of the video in the next few weeks (I'm currently trying learn Davinci Resolve to do editing, a bit of a learning curve, a lot to learn :confused:)

On, but the drone was circling a POI and flew sideways into the tree. :)
Yep - that'll do it alright. I wish Dji would stop advertising they have sideways obstacle detection because the reality is they don't. The IR sensors simply aren't good enough except for solid objects like walls and you have to be in beginner mode or "close" mode to use it. This is why I make missions in Litchi that the bird always faces forward. I simulate in Google Earth first looking for potential problems and then fly it.
If the drone makes it home and the video doesn't show any issues or near misses I then adjust gimbal angles and orientations for the final run.
Works for me.

BTW - flew a 4.5 mile mission yesterday with my P4P and had 50% battery on landing. The estimated flight time was almost dead on the money. I always add about 25% to the estimated flight time in case there are factors such as wind.

Part of the reason I ask is that on one of the missions it looked like it was about to start the missions and suddenly just cruised off at a 90 degree angle to the direction it was supposed to go. Luckily there was nothing to hit in that direction. Not sure if I hit a button or what happened, but I eventually stopped it and got it back by clicking on sport mode.
BTW - the reason for this is it's likely heading to your first waypoint which is almost guaranteed to not be where you took off from and can have its own variance due to GPS inaccuracies. General rule of thumb is ascend to a height that is above anything close THEN load the mission and execute. BTW - ALWAYS set your end of mission action otherwise if it loses signal it'll just sit there wherever the mission ended. So I always use RTH and I always have the last point of the mission next to the start point. It's a double guarantee. The reason for this is if you lose signal the remote can and will time out and turn off due to inactivity if it's a long wait.

Reactions: John Cowley

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu