DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confirmed Phones/Tablets Compatible with DJI Fly

Reinventing the wheel?
It's already been done:

And if a device runs one version of the Fly app, it will run any version of the Fly app.
Someone needs to "reinvent the wheel" the list you refer to is has not bee kept up and is outdated...

Reactions: March411 and Jam0ne
...And if a device runs one version of the Fly app, it will run any version of the Fly app.
Meta4 -- Is this true? I just went to the DJI Fly app download site and noticed that a bunch of phones (including iPhone 6 and LG G6, which I happen to own) have been dropped from the compatible list. -- jclarkw

In the spirit of the OP's original question I'll add the Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL, I'm running the Fly app 1.5.9 and it's doing a **** fin job

PlatformOSAndroid 7.0 (Nougat)
ChipsetQualcomm MSM8976 Snapdragon 652 (28 nm)
CPUOcta-core (4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4x1.2 GHz Cortex-A53)
GPUAdreno 510
MemoryCard slotmicroSDXC (dedicated slot)
Internal16GB 3GB RAM
eMMC 5.1

Reactions: Jam0ne and Tufargon
Meta4 -- Is this true? I just went to the DJI Fly app download site and noticed that a bunch of phones (including iPhone 6 and LG G6, which I happen to own) have been dropped from the compatible list. -- jclarkw
Since that was written, DJI have added to the current Fly app and it won't run as well on older devices with less powerful processors and less RAM.

Reactions: jclarkw
Since that was written, DJI have added to the current Fly app and it won't run as well on older devices with less powerful processors and less RAM.
Thanks, Meta4! Two follow-up questions, if I may:

1) Is there any way (other than trial-and-potentially-expensive-error) to determine what version of the app will run on what older phone? For example, I bought a used LG G6 a couple of years back, specifically to run the Fly app, because it was then on their list. To what version can I update it?

2) I hadn't realized this was going to be such a problem until I downloaded the latest approved-phone list. Otherwise I would have been checking for each new version and saving the corresponding approved version. Was anyone else clever enough to do this and post it somewhere?

Best Regards -- jclarkw

Thanks, Meta4! Two follow-up questions, if I may:

1) Is there any way (other than trial-and-potentially-expensive-error) to determine what version of the app will run on what older phone? For example, I bought a used LG G6 a couple of years back, specifically to run the Fly app, because it was then on their list. To what version can I update it?
That phone has 4GB of RAM and a quad core processor ... give it a try.
If you are concerned about it, just do it in a large, open area.
2) I hadn't realized this was going to be such a problem until I downloaded the latest approved-phone list.
DJI's approved phone list isn't much help.
It's just a few phones/tablets that they have tried and confirmed to work, but there are plenty of good ones that DJI have never tested, including some that are better than what's on DJI's list.
This list is a lot more useful:

Reactions: msinger
That phone [LG G6] has 4GB of RAM and a quad core processor ... give it a try.
If you are concerned about it, just do it in a large, open area.

DJI's approved phone list isn't much help...
The part that worries me here is that DJI had this phone on their list a while back and now has dropped it! At least I already own this phone, so experimentation is free. If I had to buy another used one, however, life would be a bit harder...

About the Phantom Help list, comparison with the current DJI list (for Android and DJI Fly only) indicates precious few differences. (I tried to be careful, but I might have missed something.) Phantom does not include two listed by DJI (OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro) and adds only one to DJI's list (Huawei Mate 20 Pro). I can't say this helps much. -- jclarkw

About the Phantom Help list, comparison with the current DJI list (for Android and DJI Fly only) indicates precious few differences. (I tried to be careful, but I might have missed something.) Phantom does not include two listed by DJI (OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro) and adds only one to DJI's list (Huawei Mate 20 Pro). I can't say this helps much. -- jclarkw
It sounds like you hardly looked at the site.
You missed a lot.

It sounds like you hardly looked at the site.
You missed a lot.
To be fair, I did make some of the mentioned updates to the list yesterday.

To be fair, I did make some of the mentioned updates to the list yesterday.
To be fairer, your list has >200 Android phones and tablets, yet he said there were precious few differences between it and DJI's sparse list?

To be fairer, your list has >200 Android phones and tablets, yet he said there were precious few differences between it and DJI's sparse list?
MEA CULPA -- You are right, Meta4. I misunderstood the meaning of the dots. After hovering my mouse over the DJI App column, I now see that most of the listed phones have at least a few folks liking it for DJI Fly. -- jclarkw

Last edited:
Thanks! Sorry for my error, but this just strengthens my point that the DJI list may indeed be the best (and varying over version) source. -- jclarkw
The DJI list is next to useless.
They rarely test new phones or update it.
There are many very good flying tablets and phones that DJI have never shown in their tiny list.
No, I said I was looking only at those with blue dots (for DJI Fly). -- jclarkw
I don't know what you are looking at.
The listing shows a large number of "blue dots".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser