DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Conflicted with drone purchase decisions

twilloo

Reactions
Guys and Gals, I am an older drone pilot and I have some decisions to make. Between the possible US drone ban and new DJI models coming out soon, I am definitely conflicted. I have a Mavic 3 pro now un opened that I just purchased and I was going to see what the Senate did in early September. I was also wondering with the new Air 3 S coming out soon, would that work for me for a lot less money. The one thing I really wanted was the powerful zoom that the Mavic 3 pro has as I live high in the N Ga mountains and when I take off for lake pictures, I am really high already so the zoom could help some with pics and I realize that the 166MM is not the best, but I could still have the 7x zoom in optical. I just fly for fun. Just any advice to wobble me or knock me off the fence . Thanks

I would go ahead and use your Mavic 3 Pro and enjoy it!

Reactions: Cafguy
I know I am going to hear that a lot but since I am a disabled vet on fixed income, the money does have some influence.

I know I am going to hear that a lot but since I am a disabled vet on fixed income, the money does have some influence.
I thought I read you say that you have already purchased the Mavic 3 Pro.

If money is an issue, sounds like you want to get the best value for your money. If you have spent money on the Mavic 3 Pro and you still have time to return it and get your money back, I would wait as long as you can before you make a final decision. Don't get me wrong, if you keep the M3P and you fly it forever, you can't go wrong. However, if the Mavic 4 Pro (or something better) comes out the day after your return date expires, that would kinda suck too. The DJI ban doesn't have an impact on your either way so don't worry about that for now. The good news is we only have a month or two before the table is set for the rest of the year and I predict all kinds of news will start coming in fast and furious which is a good thing because more information is better.

I'm personally holding out for the new Air3S or Mavic 4. I really want a Pro Remote so I can use the mini HDMI out, so I'm hoping a New Mavic 4 is in the works really soon.

I'd ignore what you think Congress might be cooking up and live your life to the fullest. Go buy whichever drone you think would work best for you and also your budget.

DJI drones are no doubt an expensive hobby. When you're deciding what'll fit into your budget, don't forget any extra accessories you might need -- like a case and extra batteries. Those costs can add up pretty quickly.

When it comes to Fun, The Air 3 is where you should be , your not going to get any more Fun out of the Air 3S if they ever get there. The DJI ban is just the Hot Air that comes with Stressing over China doing what they do best.

My advice get the Air 3, get our Wet Suit so you can fly in the storms and get a Rescue Jacket so you can fly over water and see your drone 3000 ft away. That is squeezing out the most fun you can have with your Hobby.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Rain and land on the Water.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scalanewmen