DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Congress members warn that DJI drones 'register facial recognition data even when the system is off, and upload information to cloud storage'

And you can bank on this and rest easy, if you believe both DJI and Apple are good faith actors with no secret mandate from the host government to tell us this while the technology has nefarious capabilities designed into it we don't know about.

I'm not saying this is the case with DJI. But I certainly don't trust DJI and China like I do Apple and the US.

Unlike some Here, I'm not dismissive of something the Intel community is concerned about, until I know more about it.

It's simply naive and foolish to tar and feather those guys for past mistakes (i.e. Iraq WMD). They will make mistakes again. they're human beings, working with often scant and contradictory information. Yet, it's imperative nonetheless they produce analysis and our leaders consider it, lest far worse things occur.
The congress people who are pushing these laws aren't doing it based upon intel ... they're doing it to pander to a voting base that is even more ignorant than they are. You give them FAR more credit than they deserve, and I can only assume that you don't pay much attention to the daily idiocy that comes from them.

As a long time MAC user I only have one question for you:
What number are you using to contact APPLE?! lol ;)
You can confusing consumer access with government access. As a developer doing apps that run iOS, the turn around time to get a call back from Apple support is usually less than 5 minutes. Your mileage may vary.

The congress people who are pushing these laws aren't doing it based upon intel ... they're doing it to pander to a voting base that is even more ignorant than they are. You give them FAR more credit than they deserve, and I can only assume that you don't pay much attention to the daily idiocy that comes from them.
@AZDave #EXACTLY. Well said sir.

Trying to vote them out would do no good at all,as the replacements would act the same way.
Voting is the last step in the democratic process. It's the bare minimum, but if you want to have an effect you need to do more than answer a multiple choice question every few years.

Communicating with your elected representatives, offering feedback and suggestions supported by evidence, is much more influential than voting. Serving on voluntary advisory committees. Working on getting your preferred person in the position to run for office. Working to get your preferred candidate elected.

All take time; and yes money can substitute for this time by hiring someone else to do the work, but only for larger quantities of money than most of us have. Most if not all the people reading this will make more difference volunteering eight hours of time than they will donating eight hours of wages.

Reactions: okw and MS Coast
The beauty of the voting in a free country like America is you can withhold your vote (of approval) from all candidates as a sign of your displeasure and a method of redressing your grievances. It is absolutely ok not to vote from time to time; you still get a [full] say in your government. This country cannot be ran just from the people who cast a vote, I would love it to be that way but unfortunately this country has a long history of blocking people from voting at the same time forcing them to pay taxes. IMO, you get a say simply from being a citizen (with rights).

The beauty of the voting in a free country like America is you can withhold your vote (of approval) from all candidates as a sign of your displeasure and a method of redressing your grievances.
Not voting achieves nothing at all.
If it did your elections would be won by the DNV (did not vote) party every time.

Reactions: okw and MS Coast
Not voting achieves nothing at all.
If it did your elections would be won by the DNV (did not vote) party every time.
Maybe I don't vote for the new Presidential candidate because they are both idiots.

The non-vote is a strategy so I don't expect everyone to be familiar with it.

The beauty of the voting in a free country like America is you can withhold your vote (of approval) from all candidates as a sign of your displeasure and a method of redressing your grievances.

That's absurd.

33.2% of registered voters failed to vote in the 2020 presidential election in the US.
  • What was their displeasure? Against whom or what?
  • What were their grievances?
  • How were their grievances redressed?
  • How do you differentiate between the non-voters who were nobly displeased and those who just didn't care or those too drunk to know that it was election day?
  • What was done differently as a result of that 33.2% not voting?

Maybe I don't vote for the new Presidential candidate because they are both idiots.

The non-vote is a strategy so I don't expect everyone to be familiar with it.
They won't know your reason for not voting.
It could equally be that you are just too lazy and I would guess there are a multitude of other reasons too.
Besides, the eventually elected person is rarely bothered who did not vote for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: okw
That's absurd.

33.2% of registered voters failed to vote in the 2020 presidential election in the US.
  • What was their displeasure? Against whom or what?
  • What were their grievances?
  • How were their grievances redressed?
  • How do you differentiate between the non-voters who were nobly displeased and those who just didn't care or those too drunk to know that it was election day?
  • What was done differently as a result of that 33.2% not voting?
The non-vote is a strategy so I don't expect YOU to be familiar with it.

Not making a choice is still a choice. Not voting surrenders your right to have a say in the process.

This country cannot be ran just from the people who cast a vote

That's how it's supposed to work. Not participating in the process accomplishes nothing.

Not making a choice is still a choice. Not voting surrenders your right to have a say in the process.

That's how it's supposed to work. Not participating in the process accomplishes nothing.
Do you think the number of representatives in Congress from each state should be based on the number of people who cast votes at the ballot? It's a yes or no question.

We are about to find out what happens when the non-voters don't show up at the polls. This will teach some candidates to respect the power of not voting. o_O

It may be that will be your reason. You will have no effect on the outcome. You won't even have a voice in selecting the least offensive idiot.

The non-vote is a strategy so I don't expect YOU to be familiar with it.
Whoops. The personal slur displaced the substance of your comment. Not voting may be a strategy. It's definitely your own choice to make. But you guarantee that you will be roundly ignored.

We are about to find out what happens when the non-voters don't show up at the polls. This will teach some candidates to respect the power of not voting. o_O
I know what will happen. Same thing that happened in all elections.

One candidate will be elected. Those who fail to vote, for whatever reason, will have no influence whatsoever on the choice and will be ignored. The only thing they'll have is the illusion in their own minds that they've done something worthwhile that shapes the destiny of the nation.

Not voting is not a power. It is the absence of power.

No mysterious force is preventing you from writing in an alternative candidate. If you want to send a message, then actually send a message.

Not voting is not a power. It is the absence of power.

No mysterious force is preventing you from writing in an alternative candidate. If you want to send a message, then actually send a message.
Do you believe in Compulsory Voting?

For this thread, some people have a strong opinion about the Bill currently before Congress. However, they don't want to put their name on letters and end up on a list that can be taken out of context or used against them one day, which is maybe one of the reason why they don't write a letter, send a email, or place a phone call to their congressperson.

The system is not perfect and often there are consequences even if you do things in good faith. It's up to each individual to express their "power" the best way they know how, whatever they are comfortable with, what works for them and their families.

If you don't want your name on a letter to a Senator claiming "DJI drones don't spy on American" in case we're being lied to and some drones are actually found to be spying right alongside the balloons...you can still be against the ban and do other things to try to stop it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdotty