DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connect drone (not remote) to phone via usb-c

BenJieMing

Reactions
I wondered if it was possible to use a USB-C to USB-C cable to connect my Mavic Air to my phone to download the photos.
Would the phone just see this as an external device as a computer would? Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

Ben

I copy mine wirelessly without the need of extra cable. I just press the play button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
works for me.

I wondered if it was possible to use a USB-C to USB-C cable to connect my Mavic Air to my phone to download the photos.
Would the phone just see this as an external device as a computer would? Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

Ben
I have just tried connecting MAVIC AIR to my computer using USB-C and USB cable and it acknowledge there was a SC CARD but could not download any of the videos. Took the card out of the drone and used a card reader and I can now download the videos.
If a computer can not download via a cable I dion't think a phone would be able.
hOWEVER you can if the drone is a MAVIC2

I don't like taking that small card our of the MA,
so I plug in a USB-2 <> USB-C cable at the back to connect with my pc.
Much easier for me.

Thanks

Ben

Ben-

I've tried it with my iPhone XS as well as my iPad Pro using a Lightning to USB-C cable. Unfortunately neither device recognized the Mavic Air. Neither the internal or SD storage. This might be different with an Android or other device.

By contrast, when I connect my Mavic to my Desktop Mac using a USB-C to USB-A cable, both internal and SD card storage appear on my Mac desktop as separate volumes. I am able to drag any of the files to my Mac this way.

My actual workflow though is usually to edit on my iPad Pro. For that, I pop out my SD card and connect it to my iPad using an Apple Lightning to SD card adapter.

Kupe

I copy mine wirelessly without the need of extra cable. I just press the play button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
works for me.

I seem to recall (not sure) that will only work for video of 1080p res or lower. For 4K and other, I seem to recall getting a warning message and having to physically download from my SD card.

Use any USB C to USB cable (or use the cable which came with the drone) and use USB OTG connector on phone.

And remember activate OTG on the phone.

For example my oneplus 6t shows MA's internal memory and memory card without any issues..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom