DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini + iPhone 15 Pro - not working

kumaraxg

Reactions
My DJI Mini is not pairing, remote won't connect to my iPhone 15 pro with USB C cable. I tried multiple cables, OTG ones, but no effect.
Any one here tried this and working?

Attachments

• IMG_3419.PNG
    IMG_3419.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
This is typically a cable issue. However, I see you have tried different ones already. Make sure to use cables for data not charging.

Sorry for your problem, you need to offer up more information: You did not say if you just got this or you have had it for a while. Is this a new problem, Have you had it paired previously, Is this a New drone, Is it a used drone, did you just buy it from a friend that might live nearby, did you just buy it used from a pawn shop or off the internet?

Inquiring Minds Want to Know…

I have had it for a few years and its paired to my old iPhone 13 pro, was working fine with that.
I bought this cable https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MFWRW1J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, and tried others too but it wont work with my iPhone 15 pro.

I tried connecting to another iPhone 13 to test, and it works fine.
So not sure if its just the cable, or need some upgrade on the dron itself.

appreciate if any one can share their experience, and if they could successfully pair the drone with iPhone 15s.

If this is a USB-C iPhone, try the std DJI "controller to Lightning" cable in series with a "Lightning to USB-C" adaptor going into the phone.
I think the problem lies in the way Apple implemented something relating to USB-C and the above works with the mini 2 type controllers so it may work with the Mavic mini controller.

With the std DJI controller to USB-C cable is the phone charging the controller?

Last edited:
Hello from the Crossroads of America kumaraxg.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

I have had it for a few years and its paired to my old iPhone 13 pro, was working fine with that.
I bought this cable Amazon.com, and tried others too but it wont work with my iPhone 15 pro.

I tried connecting to another iPhone 13 to test, and it works fine.
So not sure if its just the cable, or need some upgrade on the dron itself.

appreciate if any one can share their experience, and if they could successfully pair the drone with iPhone 15s.
The problem lies with the iPhone 15. I found this on the DJI forum

"Messaged DJI and they said they're currently working on a fix. Really a bummer."

I suppose, In the meantime you will need to use your old iPhone 13

Reactions: wjkrysak
Thanks for the reply.
I feel like the reverse charging on iPhone 15 is messing it up, it tries to charge the controller back instead....

Thanks for the reply.
I feel like the reverse charging on iPhone 15 is messing it up, it tries to charge the controller back instead....
post 5 above is taken from post 27 in

Sorry for your problem. Plenty of support and help here. Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

A while back, I called DJI about an unrelated problem and they told me to delete the app and reload it again. Problem solved! I hope your fix is that easy but sounds like it might take some time based on the above posts. Can’t hurt to try though. 🤷🏻‍♂️ You’ve got nothing to lose.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!

Reactions: LoudThunder
yes I have tried that and it didn't work. Looks like there's no way to make iPhone 15 work with the mini...
That's a pity.
Buy a cheap second hand Android or iPhone.
The Samsung S6 works and you can instal any version of the Fly App on it. A 5S iPhone works but I think you'd be stuck with the latest version of the app.

Problems with the iPhone 15 and DJI is not new and if you search the DJI Forum, you will find lots of unhappy folks too...

Buy a cheap second hand Android or iPhone.
Here is a Web Site to help you decide on a replament phone if that is what you might be thinking...

I bought my Motorola Moto G phone from QVC for about $60 and it came with a year of phone service (1500 minutes Talk, 1500 Texts, and 1.5 GB Data) and it works perfctly with my Mini 2 with the Fly App

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne