DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connecting a secondary screen.

SMcE

Reactions
Is it possible to connect a secondary screen to the DJI RC2 using the USB-C connection? I have an Air3 with the RC2 and would like to connect my iPad if possible.

The ipad has no Video Input on the connector only output so i guess its a no

Yes you can, I use a USB C to HDMI cable to connect my RC2 to my 55" Samsung TV. Works perfectly.
The op wants to FLY with a bigger screen You cannot do that with a screened controller unless you get an RC Pro. You can purchase a streamer and any Drone will work with just about any monitor if you want to spend the money..

The op wants to FLY with a bigger screen You cannot do that with a screened controller unless you get an RC Pro. You can purchase a streamer and any Drone will work with just about any monitor if you want to spend the money..

The RC2 outputs HDMI from its USB C port, which means you can use any screen with HDMI input, just not an Ipad, well not until Apple build in the functionality

I have the Air3 and I have a 2000 nit Andycine HDMI screen that sits above my RC2 on a Lifthor mount. I use a usb c to HDMI converter so yes, this setup works.. I haven't tried it with a tablet and getting an input signal into the tablets USB C.

I do this in the field routinely with the RC2. Not sure why you would suggest it is not possible.

I was sure I was sure but pic is worth a thousand words lol is that the screened smart controller that comes with the mini 3 pro? and is the drone using the app on the device or the app on the controller? dji view to mirror?
First image is an Air3 and RC2 with a USB-C to HDMI adapter connecting it to a regular 70" TV. Nothing tricky or fancy. It's simply mirroring whatever is on the RC2 screen to the large display, i.e., the Fly app.

Second image is a Mini4Pro with the exact same setup as above. The Mini 3 Pro uses the DJI RC screened remote and I don't believe it had this capability.

Reactions: Cafguy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grizzfu