DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connection issues with the Oneplus 6

vedkontho

Reactions
Hi,

Bought the MA in March '18 and have been flying since. Clocked over a 100 hrs flying time. I have been using a Oneplus 3 Android for so long, which is why I decided to upgrade to an Oneplus 6. Problem started soon after. Even though the RC cable is connected to the phone, and the controller is powered on, the DJI Go 4 app wud still show disconnected. I have to go to the USB connection menu and fiddle with the settings for a while before the connection resumes and then it runs OK.

Changed the RC cable the problem persists.

If I connect the old phone the problem goes away.

The Oneplus 6 has recently been launched and it's the fastest Android phone in the world as of now, but maybe there is a bug here that guys have missed. Anyone using the OP6 facing similar problems.

Sounds like it's trying to connect to a different USB C connection type, pull the notification bar down does it have a connected to media, or connected charging only or similar? If so there should be a setting somewhere to set its default state. It's obviously not reading the media type from the USB correctly.

Yeah, there is, but hidden in dev options... I fly Samsung so it's different, but this should help

How to change USB mode?

Sounds like it's trying to connect to a different USB C connection type, pull the notification bar down does it have a connected to media, or connected charging only or similar? If so there should be a setting somewhere to set its default state. It's obviously not reading the media type from the USB correctly.
Both the phones are reading the USB as I can see the red notification light that comes on when connected. Both the phones automatically puts the USB connection setting to " Charge this Device" 1530762380489.jpeg

I have developer options on, and the USB default settings is Charging.

I have noticed one thing that if I fiddle around with the USB settings on the OP6, like keep changing them to Transfer Files or PTP, sometimes the RC does get connected. But if I switch off the controller ,the same problem occurs while I restart the process.

Only recognizable diff between the 2 phones in this regard is that they run diff versions of Android Oreo. The OP3 runs the Oreo 8.0.0 while the OP6 is on the latest version 8.1.0

I have a OnePlus 5, i have that SAME ISSUE with the P3P, my solution, i use a different cable and it goes away, try buying another cable, from amazon, 9.99 i think, and try with that.

Tried it with a standard cable plugged in the back of the controller instead of the micro->usb-c cable on the side? might not be ideal, but should work (it's what I plug my Lenovo Tab 8 plus into)

I found a solution while browsing thru the Oneplus forums. The USB debugging mode is to be switched on inside the hidden developer options.

It works after switching on USB debugging

One Plus and gadget is a mess. Post on the One Plus and DJI support forum and they probabel fix it in next update. Before I have done this with Mavic Air, Osmo Mobil 2 and Oculus GO with my OP5.

USB B debugging must be enabled on OnePlus 5 as well. Flawless once done though.

I have the same problem with my OnePlus 5t. After I get everything up and running I unplug the cable on the side of the controller, replug, then use the fingerprint thing on the back of the phone and slide it down and press USB options and choose midi. Sometimes it takes two or three tries, which is why I unplug the cable on the controller, but I get there. You just have to be quick.

I have switch to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (8 inch screen) and works great "out of the box".

Read on old threads that there would be a problem with Samsung tablet but it works well without having to shut down the tablet before connecting to the remote.

The advantage of the tablet against my One plus 5 / Nexus 6P is larger and lighter screen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS