DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Connection lost"

hpe

Reactions
I was out flying my M2 Pro yesterday, and all of a sudden got a "Connection lost" message on the remote. I've seen this intermittently before, but it has always reconnected within seconds. After losing the connection I could see drone coming to a stop, and it then started hovering in the air.
I assumed this was a remote malfunction, and that it would RTH when the battery ran out of juice. to my surprise it landed on the ground where it was hovering, and sadly the area where it landed is inaccessible.

The logs can be seen here: https://app.airdata.com/share/aRkesB, and the video from the flight here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYJ8qGWDhoo
AFAICT RC signal was excellent until connection was lost. I have sent a report with logs to DJI, but should I have any hope that they'll replace the drone? Has anyone else had the same thing happening, where the drone looses connection, and doesn't reconnect?

Last edited:
Attachments showing the topography of the area
Untitled-1.jpg
Marker to the right is last known position of the drone, position to the left is where I was standing

topo.jpg
Different angle. Drone to the left, my position to the right.

Attachments

• topo2.jpg
    topo2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 31
I just wondered what your settings were in the case of lost signal? The MP1 has 2 choices, RTH or hover. I often have to change from rth to hover as I often fly under tree cover when a climb to RTH height would cause a crash as would a direct line. If set to hover on loss of signal your drone behaved as expected.

The setting has not been changed from defaults, which I believe is RTH?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929