DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connection Problems

Falkenfisch

Reactions
I finally got my Mavic back from beeing repaired by DJI (Gimbal broken).
I wanted to do a test flight and had to update Mavic and Controller. My Controller does connect to the Mavic as shown in the display of the controller and I am able for axample to move the camera - so there is a connection. But the DJIGO4 App always says NOT CONNECTED, so I am unable to fly.
Obviously inside the House (without beeing connected to sattelites) the App says CONNECTED and shows the pciture of the camera. But outside with beeing connected to sattelites it is unable to connect. Even if I start inside the house and - after beeing connected - walking outside, the App again is loosing connection whiel the controller is still connnected....
Any ideas ?

I have had this happen a few times and resolved it with a specific start-up sequence. RC>Mavic>Start App>Connect Device cable.... has always fixed this issue for me.

I finally got my Mavic back from beeing repaired by DJI (Gimbal broken).
I wanted to do a test flight and had to update Mavic and Controller. My Controller does connect to the Mavic as shown in the display of the controller and I am able for axample to move the camera - so there is a connection. But the DJIGO4 App always says NOT CONNECTED, so I am unable to fly.
Obviously inside the House (without beeing connected to sattelites) the App says CONNECTED and shows the pciture of the camera. But outside with beeing connected to sattelites it is unable to connect. Even if I start inside the house and - after beeing connected - walking outside, the App again is loosing connection whiel the controller is still connnected....
Any ideas ?

I think you should check the cable from your phone to the controller. Is it a DJI cable? Does it feel like it is connected properly at both ends, not loose. Just seems like the movement to go outside has some effect on the cable connection.

I checked that while the problem occurs. The cable was connected properly at both ends. It was the DJI cable which worked good for me before the accident.

I checked that while the problem occurs. The cable was connected properly at both ends. It was the DJI cable which worked good for me before the accident.

Have you tried relinking the RC to the Mavic?

Yes, I tried that as well. But as written - there is a connection between the Controller and the Mavic (i.e. able to move the camera), but the App always says NOT CONNECTED.
And the relinking of the RC did not change that.

Yes, I tried that as well. But as written - there is a connection between the Controller and the Mavic (i.e. able to move the camera), but the App always says NOT CONNECTED.
And the relinking of the RC did not change that.

It has to be either the port on your phone or the cable. If I don't plug in my cable then I get the same as what you are saying. Can you try using the port on the bottom of the controller but make sure you unplug the one at the side.

Reactions: Bigpoppapump
I used the port on the bottom of the controller, because my Phone (Sony xperia) has its connector at the upper left side - so the cable at the side of the controller wont reach it.
I am really not sure, if this is a simple hardware problem. I tried several times inhouse and it worked. I tried several times outside the house and it did not work. So the chance, that by accident it was always connected inside and not connected outside is not very high.

I used the port on the bottom of the controller, because my Phone (Sony xperia) has its connector at the upper left side - so the cable at the side of the controller wont reach it.
I am really not sure, if this is a simple hardware problem. I tried several times inhouse and it worked. I tried several times outside the house and it did not work. So the chance, that by accident it was always connected inside and not connected outside is not very high.

I got the same problems for 4 days with Samsung A5. Finally, I reloaded the previous version of Mavic and RC, set the Mavic ON, RC on, plug the USB usb on and RESTARTED the phone. It worked ! If not resorting the phone---> not connected. At the stage, I think that this issue comes from the Mavic software or the USB automatic selection on your Android. Hope this helps...

So tried out some of the above things at the weekend, but without success.
Happily I found an Adapter cable with wich I was able to connect my phone with tle left micro-USB-port. And this port is working!
So I guess it must be a software Problem concerning the USB port of the RC.
Perhaps one of the next updatees will fix that again.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu