DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Constant poor signal warnings, and 'aircraft disconnected' alerts.

MoFoHo

Reactions
Hi there. I seem to getting worse and worse signal quality with my MP.
I always see the radio signal icon flashing, even though it still shows a full set of bars. I've quickly gotten used to that particular foible...

However, last night I had several red banner 'aircraft disconnected' alerts. Even though I still had a solid video downlink, and full control. Smart RTH didn't kick in, but I manoeuvred the craft back home immediately anyway. This is the 2nd time I've had this issue: a warning that the aircraft is disconnected, yet full control and video downlink.

I use the Acer Iconia tablet with the MP controller.
I'm currently on f/w: 01.03.0400
app: 4.1.5

I've always been very wary of f/w updates, especially after reading some worrying posts on these forums!
Is it about time I upgraded my f/w?
Has anybody else had these same issues?

If you are comfortable navigating into the HD settings of the Go app while flying, check out the 2.4ghz graph contained within to determine if interference from other sources is causing the disconnects. You can always select "custom" and move the selector into the frequency range with the least amount of interference (green areas).

Antenna position is also important. Make sure the flat side of the antenna is facing the aircraft.

Reactions: Kilrah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31