DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Container Terminal 2nd Try to Hyperlapse with Mini 3 pro

It looks like you didn't use an ND filter. Am I guessing correctly. Nearly everyone suggests using an ND filter for hyperlape so you get a nice blur but I think this is a perfect example of how NOT using an ND filter (if I'm right on that account) makes the hyperlapse look even more cool. The containers and movement looks very toy-like. If you did that blur thing at the top and bottom it would be very fun. If you DID use an ND filter it still wasn't enough to create a slow enough shutter speed to provide motion blur but honestly I think this is super well done and I like this effect with the choppy nature of the faster shutter speed.

Yes you are right, no Nd filters.
But in the future I think It's a must have for me too.
Thx for your suggestions.

Maybe I try to create a tilt shift clip in the future to extend the blurry effect.

Reactions: MA2 317
I liked it. Really great subject for a hyperlapse. May I suggest that on the second shot you could have tilted up some. I'd say, yes, get some ND filters and try it again. I'd watch a new version.

Reactions: pyrolator
IMO this is one of the cooler hyperlapse clips I've seen. I'd love to hear more of the technical details as to how the settings on the Mini 3 were set. Shutter speed, shot interval, clip length, etc.

Yes you are right, no Nd filters.
But in the future I think It's a must have for me too.
Thx for your suggestions.

Maybe I try to create a tilt shift clip in the future to extend the blurry effect.
Be sure to post the tilt-shift version of this clip if you do it. It would be perfect.

IMO this is one of the cooler hyperlapse clips I've seen. I'd love to hear more of the technical details as to how the settings on the Mini 3 were set. Shutter speed, shot interval, clip length, etc.
Sorry to disappoint you now, but;
I take this clip with the automatic setting of the Mini 3 Pro.
The shot interval was 3 sec.
And as you see I do some post edit on my computer.
So nothing special settings are used at the record.

Greetings and stay healthy

Sorry to disappoint you now, but;
I take this clip with the automatic setting of the Mini 3 Pro.
The shot interval was 3 sec.
And as you see I do some post edit on my computer.
So nothing special settings are used at the record.

Greetings and stay healthy
I don't care how you did it. It's great. I tried my first test hyperlapse today and it isn't easy to decide on all the settings needed to create one of these clips. It really isn't very intuitive and can take some careful planning to get it right.

I have a hyperlapse a little further down (hyundai pride which is a cargo ship) being loaded. I like yours. I really prefer no ND filters unless you're going for blur with like tail lights on cars. Nice job.

I have a hyperlapse a little further down (hyundai pride which is a cargo ship) being loaded. I like yours. I really prefer no ND filters unless you're going for blur with like tail lights on cars. Nice job.
See your Clip and liked it.
Here in Germany the restrictions are hard so i cant fly such near to Ships as you do.

Reactions: veryzebra
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom