DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Continuous Auto focus problem?

Thus I use AF, hit my subject, get AF confirmation, and move to MF. Just make sure you don't hit the MF slider which now appears on the right side of the DJIgo4. Quick, easy, no time taken to zoom in out etc.

I swear, I learn something new and useful every day on this forum...Paul, thanks a bunch, that's a PERFECT routine and eazy, peazey.

When I hit the AF and then move to MF and shoot video it works well. Then if I switch to stills, it goes back to AF again, and I refocus and have to hit MF again. Is there are a way to lock it into MF for both modes? (I'll also check...maybe I have AFC engaged and that is causing it)

Does anyone know the benefits of autofocus on the Mavic compared to fixed focus on the earlier Phantoms? Once you're in the air, everything is essentially at inifinity anyway, so can't really see the need for autofocus.

I just focus on something near the horizon to get an all around focused shot, otherwise for subjects close in i will tap to focus...dont use afc just af.

It's got focus not becasue that was a useful feature but because the phone camera they used for it had focus...
It's some legacy from using a phone camera lens? Having just recently moved from the Phantom 3 Standard to the Mavic Pro, I just find the obligatory 'tap to focus' annoying and more trouble than it's worth. Would rather they just by-passed it in the software and had everything focussed on infinity, as the Phantom 3s.

Beware that if you go MF and slide all do way to Infiny you will be out of focus!!
Yes sir....... if in MF, put the little slider just Below the 2nd horizontal mark........ it will be infinity but not All The Way.
Give it a test and let us know. Maybe we can all come up with a fix.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25