DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Cable Swap

SoCalSteve

Reactions
Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but how do I change this cord? I cannot get the black sliding bezel out.1568164756028.jpeg

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but how do I change this cord? I cannot get the black sliding bezel out.View attachment 81488
It is just pressure fit in there, there is a plastic groove in the top and bottom of the black retaining clip, it slides along the ridges in the slot, simply push it out using a little bit of force (not too much though as you don't want to break it).

It is just pressure fit in there, there is a plastic groove in the top and bottom of the black retaining clip, it slides along the ridges in the slot, simply push it out using a little bit of force (not too much though as you don't want to break it).
I was really worried about breaking it. Honestly, once I read this it popped out with ease. Putting the new one it was only slightly more difficult.

Tip for others: when installing put once end in evenly and then slide it to get the other side to click in. Do not put one long side in and try to get the second side/rail to install. It just catches on the edge and you'll be fighting yourself.

Reactions: ff22
I had a hard time getting the original slider out. I needed the C cable, not the Lightning.
But I ended up not using it. Cable doesn't go deep enough with it to mate with my HTC.

The cables DJI provides are „not the best“. I recommend
- use high quality brand cables
- forget about the black slider, remove it and use the cables directly.... easier too handle

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird