DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller questions

TedShred

Reactions
1. When I plug my Android phone in it appears that the controller starts charging the phone.

2. The controller makes lots of warning beeps when in close.

Any settings to stop both of these?

You will more than likely need to root your phone to stop the charging. You may want to add what actual phone you are using for more specific instructions. As far as warning beeps, are they your obstacle avoidance?

1. The RC will charge your phone, but at a low rate. I can fly three batteries without problems. Just make sure everything is fully charged before flying. You can plug in a portable power supply in the RC side port while using the center USB port to connect to your phone to supply power to both. If you have the fly more kit you can use a mostly depleted Mavic battery for a short time.
  2. If the beeping is the OA detectors, the sound is comming from your phone and can be turned down with your volume control. NOTE: That is how it works for me. It is possible that software/firmware updates have changed how this works.

You will more than likely need to root your phone to stop the charging. You may want to add what actual phone you are using for more specific instructions. As far as warning beeps, are they your obstacle avoidance?
Yes. Obstacle avoidance.
I thought the beeps were coming from the controller not the phone?

Yes. Obstacle avoidance.
I thought the beeps were coming from the controller not the phone?
On my Samsung Tab A the OA beeping can be turned down with the volume control. Of course it also affects other audible warnings like low battery.

Reactions: TedShred
1. When I plug my Android phone in it appears that the controller starts charging the phone.

2. The controller makes lots of warning beeps when in close.

Any settings to stop both of these?

Use this software to scilence the remote worked like a charm for me. There’s a free version which has a “start up jingle” and a $5 version which completely scilences the remote. Works like a charm.

The link to download the software can be found here

On my Samsung Tab A the OA beeping can be turned down with the volume control. Of course it also affects other audible warnings like low battery.
The only beeping I want to hear are low battery, loss of connection, motor issues, and loss of GPS.
I don't need to be warned when close to something.

Last edited:
The only beeping I want to hear are low battery, loss of connection, motor issues, and loss of GPS.
I don't need to be warned when close to something.

With the software I sent you above, the remote still vibrates when there’s an alert so you don’t miss anything. Honestly I don’t know why that wasn’t the default action anyway makes so much more sense.

With the software I sent you above, the remote still vibrates when there’s an alert so you don’t miss anything. Honestly I don’t know why that wasn’t the default action anyway makes so much more sense.
I have an M2P and the software indicates MP only. [emoji17]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU