DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller would not turn on

skychatham

Reactions
I've had my MP since November and today I went out to fly and the controller would not come on. I press and hold the button and the screen lights up telling me that my battery is 100% charged, and then nothing.

My drone was in California for most of February for repairs and I received a new one and I've been flying regularly with no issues. This was particularly disconcerning in the field because I just got my part 107 and we were going to practice for an upcoming job.

It's spring and trees are blooming the world is waking up and my mind was anticipating with horro a month long wait for the return of my controller from DJI.

Before we packed up I believe we attempted every possibility of button pressing and holding and cords plugged in and not plugged in etc. etc. etc. to no avail.

I just got home and sat down with a beer to explore the controller a bit before I contacted Dji, and yep. It fired right up.

Has anyone experienced anything similar ? Any thoughts?

Some might ask....

It was a beautiful partly sunny 70° day
We were attempting to fly on a soccer field in the exact same location we have flown many times.
Controller and all batteries are fully charged.

Well, you said "press and hold". Did you do 2 presses, and hold on the second press?

Has anyone experienced anything similar ? Any thoughts?
This happens to me sometimes when I don't press the button quickly enough the second time.

Reactions: Funnone
Im getting the same problem. Press then press and hold. It says connecting for 30 seconds, then seems to shut down to the battery level indicator. Repeated many times. (controller at 44%) charged up to 61% and it all worked fine. I took the Mavic to the importer yesterday and did IMU calibration, stick calibration, compass calibration and a test fly. This was done because of other controller issues.

Any ideas?

Check the ribbon cable which is close to the micro USB port. You need to take the top cover off. There are controller tear down videos from DroneNerds.com as well as MaxxUAV.com. If that ribbon cable is not seated correctly, the controller won't turn on reliably.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27