DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cooling fan louder than the other

mikeLarry

Reactions
I have 2 mavics, 1 regular pro and the alpine white version. I had both drones on (but not the motors) while checking for updates. I noticed that the cooling fan on the alpine white mavic is significantly softer than the regular pro and seems to blow a little weaker because of that. Could that maybe indicate that the components in the alpine white version may not be of a higher quality than the regular pro version? Or could DJI possibly maybe thought that the cooling fan didn't need to be as strong as it was to be more energy efficient? Thoughts?

Asking the important questions over here... maybe the fan in the Alpine has a different design / fewer blades / has a lower cfm rating so you are hearing lower dB. How are you quantifying “blows a little weaker”?

Reactions: mikeLarry
Asking the important questions over here... maybe the fan in the Alpine has a different design / fewer blades / has a lower cfm rating so you are hearing lower dB. How are you quantifying “blows a little weaker”?
Just by putting my hands right behind the vents where the air comes out from the rear. I can tell that the white is a little weaker by feel. What you're saying does make sense on the design part though.

Have you checked battery temperatures? Maybe compare the max batt temperatures over the last few flights of both Mavics, and see if any of them runs cooler.

I was curious if the colour of the Mavic affects the overall temperature. If the fan isn’t working as hard, maybe it was cooler. Or perhaps compare the cpu temperatures from flight logs.

I was curious if the colour of the Mavic affects the overall temperature. If the fan isn’t working as hard, maybe it was cooler. Or perhaps compare the cpu temperatures from flight logs.
Thanks. I'll try comparing cpu temperatures.
Edit: Where can I find cpu temperatures?
I checked them flight records on their DJI go app and I couldn't find temperature readings on there..

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll try comparing cpu temperatures.
Edit: Where can I find cpu temperatures?
I checked them flight records on their DJI go app and I couldn't find temperature readings on there..
That's why I thought easier to check batt temp.
But If you grab the flightlog from the Mavic directly and use CsvView to extract to csv. Columns AQ (IMU), BY (Batt), CV-CY 4x motors) contains temperature readings.

That's why I thought easier to check batt temp.
But If you grab the flightlog from the Mavic directly and use CsvView to extract to csv. Columns AQ (IMU), BY (Batt), CV-CY 4x motors) contains temperature readings.
Ok I'll try that when I get a chance thanks

I was referring to @RayOZ post, as mavic flight logs were changed in fw 1.3.1000, not as easy to get & now have less information available

It should be the latest. I has to installed the latest Assistant 2 to even view the flight logs from my Mavic, and I definitely updated the fw in my Mavic. But I am not 100% sure the flight log that was recorded in my Mavic was with the new or old fw.

I did a test with the 2 mavics. I flew it around for the same amount of time and took the temperature for both with a laser thermometer on the heat sink. I did this a few times for each and they both averaged the same. I get to sleep better tonight[emoji138]

Last edited:
Reactions: RayOZ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857