DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Copyright infringement - music for videos

vieque

Reactions
Hello! As a photographer I know that I can't just go and use music without permission for my promo videos (or final output to client videos). There are a few music services out there (Premiumbeat, Artlist, Bensound and others) Has anyone tried various outputs so that you can give me some feedback as to where to start (budgetwise above all). Thanks in advance

I’ve used Heroboard in the past which is copyright/royalty free. You just have to properly credit the creators. I like this service because it’s free and you can download the high quality .wav file from their website once you find what you want.

There’s a good assortment on there. It just takes a lot of effort and time to go through all of them and find something that works.

If you are just putting your videos of YouTube to promote yourself you can use pretty much any song but you won’t be able to monetize the video in most cases or you pay a % to the rights holder. YouTube will figure that all out for you and let you know the agreement they have with the studio/record label or whatever.

Free music source for your online video?
Hello! As a photographer I know that I can't just go and use music without permission for my promo videos (or final output to client videos). There are a few music services out there (Premiumbeat, Artlist, Bensound and others) Has anyone tried various outputs so that you can give me some feedback as to where to start (budgetwise above all). Thanks in advance
Check out this thread! @msinger gave some great links as well.

You tube can be picky. I had them deleate a video i took of my daughters wedding because the church organist could be heard playing the wedding march.

youtube and facebook have free music you can use. I download and save it on my laptop. it takes a while to find stuff you like but I have managed to save about 50 pieces of music that I use on my youtube channel. do a google search for free music no copyright.

I currently use Epidemic Sound

You can get a 30 day free trial to download any music and content you'd like. They also have SFX tracks which is nice. I'm on the $15/month paid plan and it gives you full access to download any and all content and then use it copyright/royalty free. They have a huge database of music and it is always being updated with new releases.

One other thing to watch for; I have downloaded and used music from services that I have a paid account, and upon upload, the video was declared to be in violation, because the same music is up on multiple sites. I had to verify that I did indeed have rights to the music through a specific vendor.
Keep track of where you downloaded the music so you can verify the rights.
In some cases, your video will play, but there will be ads playing inside your video to pay for the use of the music in other cases, Youtube will allow your video to play, but the audio will drop to zero until you pay / get rights for the music.
As a general rule, if you are uploading to Youtube and the music came from YouTube then you're safe, but you may not be able to find the perfect piece there.

One other thing to watch for; I have downloaded and used music from services that I have a paid account, and upon upload, the video was declared to be in violation, because the same music is up on multiple sites. I had to verify that I did indeed have rights to the music through a specific vendor.
had about the same happen to me. Used a paid service, a company claimed rights to the song I licensed to use. Was told by the company I used to send YT a copy of my license. Turns out, this is not possible, you can only click a button to appeal dispute. I did this and company that made the claim did not release their claim to the song. I told this to the companies I used and they were of no help. I finally went right to the company that claimed the copywrite and sent them the license info. Only then did they remove their dispute. It is a tough situation as, right now, no one seems to be doing anything about this problem. People use ContentID to make claims and it is far from perfect. YT simply washes their hands and errors on the side of the person making the claim. It is my understanding that YT is also not releasing the ContentID software to anyone else to allow people to see if their music will get flagged.

We use SmartSound (Sonic Fire) it will plug into Premiere Pro. You pay for the music but are entitled to use it. You can mood map with it etc. Great program!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998