DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

corrupted video from RC to Crystalsky

ive been having the same issue for weeks now after I updated the firmware. my CS is back in the box collecting dust.

update to the firmware of the CS that was released this morning will fix this issue.
The update includes goApp updates as well.

Reactions: JBAUAV
21dbf2969d8b63b7eb9e2a9b97663820.jpg

Reactions: cvanhoose
So, I currently have the Flyhighusa 3D printed adapter, I've been looking at the aluminum Mavmount with the CrystalSky adapter mount. Only issue I have is from what I've seen on the website, can't see what they use to connect the CS to the controller. Do you need to purchase a Type C cord for it...or is it built in like the one I already have?
5bca7cc18b04952ec80c7c1998a2ec0b.jpg

So, I currently have the Flyhighusa 3D printed adapter, I've been looking at the aluminum Mavmount with the CrystalSky adapter mount. Only issue I have is from what I've seen on the website, can't see what they use to connect the CS to the controller. Do you need to purchase a Type C cord for it...or is it built in like the one I already have?
5bca7cc18b04952ec80c7c1998a2ec0b.jpg
Yes, you will need to purchase a type c lead , however this to me is preferable to having to replace the whole mount should the lead or connections get damaged.

Somewhat typical of their drones - they just put product out there and use your money to pay for the product and let you guys do the R&D to hopefully make it work.

Regards

Well, isn't this interesting. With my crystalsky, the latest firmware seems to have created the pixelated problem and week video transmission error. I can't fly further that 200 feet without video transmission errors. This was not the case prior to the firmware update. If I remove the crystalsky and go back to the iPhone, no problems occur in the same flying location. Money well spent...

Well, isn't this interesting. With my crystalsky, the latest firmware seems to have created the pixelated problem and week video transmission error. I can't fly further that 200 feet without video transmission errors. This was not the case prior to the firmware update. If I remove the crystalsky and go back to the iPhone, no problems occur in the same flying location. Money well spent...
Did you do a reset after the last update you did?

From what I understand, yes you should do a reset after every firmware update. I was having problems with wifi and that fixed mine. I don't care much for using Androids on DJI apps, but I'd say the CS runs as smoothly as my Ipad pro does, just quite a bit brighter.

From what I understand, yes you should do a reset after every firmware update. I was having problems with wifi and that fixed mine. I don't care much for using Androids on DJI apps, but I'd say the CS runs as smoothly as my Ipad pro does, just quite a bit brighter.

Reset or reboot? Prior to this update I did a reset for wifi problems, but that reset created additional problems for which I had to send the device in for repairs. Perhaps I just received a bad product, I don't know. The monitor is bright - but with needing to buy a second party mount and a charger designed for another aircraft, the crystalsky is just not worth the price. Now with the device not working past 200 feet, I am upset at my purchase - a complete waste of money.

I did 2 firmware updated so far and reset after each and didn't have any problems with resets. I can't ague with the mounts, It seems it was made by a company that has absolutely no idea on how it was going to be mounted and to what. It should have been designed in a way to be held by the existing tablet holders on the P3's,P4's and Inspire remotes and fit the Mavic remote like an I pad mini is held. Besides having 3rd party Apps locked down I haven't had any problems yet

No issues after update. Much more stable and faster boot and load times.

Well, as always, I appreciate the input/advice from all in this community. Perhaps I am doing something wrong or there is infact a problem with my crystalsky. Frustrating for me, as I was really hoping to get to use it more. No matter, a big thank you to all that replied. It is appreciated.

Hi, having a strange issue with my crystalsky. Sometimes my video from the RC is corrupted, as seen here.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=dElTZHZqa1FldUJKc2ZFakwwaFJCTFdZX2duRlNn

To fix the issue, I simply have to disconnect the rc cable, and reconnect it to the crystalsky. After one or two attempted reconnections, it does end up working perfectly.

I have tried several usb cables, including both usbc and micro usb (using the usbA port at the bottom). I am not using the side micro usb port (other than for charging.)

Is anyone else's crystalsky doing this? I'm on the latest firmware and have factory reset my device already.

thanks,
-Adam
I just received my Mavic Air yesterday and I have a similar issue (my CS has worked flawlessly with my Mavic Pro for the past 6 months). Only difference is that when I am flying/video shooting, my CS display is perfect but when I watch the video after the flight the pixelation is just like what you showed on your CS display. I will try the "wifi off" and other tricks already posted and get back...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair