DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Costco - Mavic Pro Platinum

UPTGrad

Reactions
FYI. Learned today at Costco that they should be carrying the Mavic Pro Platinum beginning Apr 23.

Last edited:
Reactions: HenkSpeedy
I would not make that conclusion. Costco just managed to become a seller or dealer for another product. Same thing happens with phones and other expensive electronics. There is no guarantee there will even be a Mavic Pro 2. Might be some other new drone, a new paradigm just like the Tello was to the industry. Imagine if something solid and small like the Spark came out with all kinds of new tricks!!!
I think we may end up finding "folding" is a weakness over time. Just look at a slow motion video of the Mavic starting up. Smaller, however, just as small as a Mavic packed away but with no folded parts, might be a new innovation, if it has the same or more features and abilities. I say, let's not go for a Mavic II but something even greater!!!!

FYI. Learned today at Costco that they should be carrying the Mavic Pro Platinum beginning Apr 23.

My wild guess is this means the Mavic Pro 2 will be at least 2 months away, perhaps July.

Your assumption is based on what?

Well, in my defense, I did say it was a guess. :) If I remember correctly, Costco started carrying the Mavic Pro about 2-3 months before the Platinum was released last year. I am guessing they use Costco at the last minute to help reduce inventory. Just fun speculation here, that's all.
However, one thing is different if I remember. Last year, one could order from DJI just the Mavic Pro (nothing else). However, currently, one can "not" order just the Mavic Pro Platinum by itself. You have to buy the package, which includes the controller, cables, etc.
So, perhaps it will be a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: Classic flyer
Well, in my defense, I did say it was a guess. :) If I remember correctly, Costco started carrying the Mavic Pro about 2-3 months before the Platinum was released last year. I am guessing they use Costco at the last minute to help reduce inventory. Just fun speculation here, that's all.
However, one thing is different if I remember. Last year, one could order from DJI just the Mavic Pro (nothing else). However, currently, one can "not" order just the Mavic Pro Platinum by itself. You have to buy the package, which includes the controller, cables, etc.
I think we drone enthusiasts are a hillarious lot, like kids fussing over candy. But I'm proud to be among the bunch. They are so much fun, and, well, you know the saying: "The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys." ha I did go online to Costco.com and don't see any reference to the drone yet. Where did you see it?
Also, my hope for a new drone is not a Mavic Pro II but a new version of a drone like the Spark, very solid and durable, small but with Mavic type capabilities and flight time. Now THAT would be a real buzz bee sky ripper and nice flying camera!!!!!

Reactions: bbooty
If I remember correctly. All Costcos only carried the Mavic from November to Mid January. This was just a Christmas special

I would not make that conclusion. Costco just managed to become a seller or dealer for another product. Same thing happens with phones and other expensive electronics. There is no guarantee there will even be a Mavic Pro 2. Might be some other new drone, a new paradigm just like the Tello was to the industry. Imagine if something solid and small like the Spark came out with all kinds of new tricks!!!
I think we may end up finding "folding" is a weakness over time. Just look at a slow motion video of the Mavic starting up. Smaller, however, just as small as a Mavic packed away but with no folded parts, might be a new innovation, if it has the same or more features and abilities. I say, let's not go for a Mavic II but something even greater!!!!

An all new model? Folding weakness over time? Don’t you think you are speculating as much as the original post? The Mavic Pro will be obsolete before there is any evidence of “folding weakness”, if any. No Mavic Pro 2? That is like speculating that Ford won’t improve the F150.

Good observation sir

I think we drone enthusiasts are a hillarious lot, like kids fussing over candy. But I'm proud to be among the bunch. They are so much fun, and, well, you know the saying: "The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys." ha I did go online to Costco.com and don't see any reference to the drone yet. Where did you see it?
Also, my hope for a new drone is not a Mavic Pro II but a new version of a drone like the Spark, very solid and durable, small but with Mavic type capabilities and flight time. Now THAT would be a real buzz bee sky ripper and nice flying camera!!!!!
Glad to have you among us

My wild guess is this means the Mavic Pro 2 will be at least 2 months away, perhaps July.

How do you know about Costco release date info? As of now, there isn't any indication they'll carry the Mavic Pro Platinum, at least anytime soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taffer