DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Could a DJI Drone Ban Actually Happen (in the US)?

Join us in 30 minutes...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

... and no, I did not make that graphic. Dono did. It's an inside joke... 🙄

Reactions: groggysbird
Yes, it can, and it is highly likely right now.
I would argue "highly likely". And they wouldn't ground us. At worst, DJI would not be able to import any new models. Current models would not be affected.

I would argue "highly likely". And they wouldn't ground us. At worst, DJI would not be able to import any new models. Current models would not be affected.
I read that they would ban DJI products from using the comm infrastructure. That would ground us.

I read that they would ban DJI products from using the comm infrastructure. That would ground us.
You read wrong. It's only supposed to affect NEW DJI models that require NEW FCC licenses. They won't ground us.

Everyone please read this article. It will be the most accurate and up to date source until this is all settled. Yes, I am extremely close to all of this, and get updates the minute they happen from contacts inside D.C.

Let's all do our best to NOT spread bad information. All that does is make things worse for everyone.

Reactions: okw
nope,that is only going to be for new products,not what you currently are flying.
Makes no sense to me, really. If they want to prevent DJI from passing into to the Chinese government allowing all existing drones to continue flying totally defeats that goal. I'm hoping this idiotic bill dies on the vine.

Makes no sense to me, really. If they want to prevent DJI from passing into to the Chinese government allowing all existing drones to continue flying totally defeats that goal. I'm hoping this idiotic bill dies on the vine.
DJI doesn't pass any info to the PRC. They no long allow any flight log uploads from the U.S.

DJI doesn't pass any info to the PRC. They no long allow any flight log uploads from the U.S.
I know that, but the whole purpose of this legislation is to prevent that, right? And the government believes that info is being passed, right? So how will this bill prevent that in their eyes? Not arguing, just discussing. None of this makes sense to me.

I know that, but the whole purpose of this legislation is to prevent that, right? And the government believes that info is being passed, right? So how will this bill prevent that in their eyes? Not arguing, just discussing. None of this makes sense to me.
None of it makes sense to anyone with synapses that fire. You’re not alone.

It’s become 100% political.

The appropriate government agencies don’t have and never will have the manpower to accomplish that task.

Hope your right also,one would think they have a lot more important things and matters to work on,than a completely goofy drone ban.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson