DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Couldn’t fly sideways today!!

twickers14

Reactions
Took my MA2 out for a blustery spin this afternoon and everything fine but I couldn’t fly sideways. You Tube helped here and one of the wonderful contributors pointed out that the latest Go Fly app update had introduced a “safety feature” on the main screen, a little green icon/design above the Take Off button that, unless disabled, prevents sideways stick commands. Really annoying as I had been joined by some gulls and needed to manoeuvre all ways to extract the craft. A speedy reverse stick sorted the danger. Not quite sure why the feature was introduced?

Reactions: Millman202
The OA icon has been there quite a while, as long as I've owned my MA2 (started at 1.4.2).

It toggles through the OA modes modes: OA Bypass, OA Brake, OA Off; then repeats those three with no sideways flight.

No sideways flight has the middle hex bars removed on the micro-icon.

Took my MA2 out for a blustery spin this afternoon and everything fine but I couldn’t fly sideways. You Tube helped here and one of the wonderful contributors pointed out that the latest Go Fly app update had introduced a “safety feature” on the main screen, a little green icon/design above the Take Off button that, unless disabled, prevents sideways stick commands. Really annoying as I had been joined by some gulls and needed to manoeuvre all ways to extract the craft. A speedy reverse stick sorted the danger. Not quite sure why the feature was introduced?
Yes, I agree with the others posts… on the left side of the DJI Fly app in the middle, there is an icon which is very easy to bump. Try tapping it again to deactivate this mode.

Reactions: twickers14
The OA icon has been there quite a while, as long as I've owned my MA2 (started at 1.4.2).

It toggles through the OA modes modes: OA Bypass, OA Brake, OA Off; then repeats those three with no sideways flight.

No sideways flight has the middle hex bars removed on the micro-icon.
I've seen it for quite awhile and never have had any issues. Think there is a setting in the FlyApp settings as well, which on occasion and update defaults the settings (PITA) from what you may have set previously.

Haven't paid much attention to the icon, but think is also flashes red / green when it senses obstacles along with the orange bars on top / bottom of screen as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, as I may be - due to not paying that much attention to it except on takeoff when I'm focused on that part of the screen.

The icon is easy to tap accidentally when trying to press the auto launch and land icon. But once you realize what it does and why it's important to NOT tap it accidentally, I haven't had issues since.

I'm having the same problem, but I didnt know there was an icon that controlled this. I'll have to look. Thank you for posting this.

Reactions: twickers14
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom