DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Couple issues after first flight

Eijin

Reactions
Hi I have had an issue with my mavic and got replaced today. I went on first flight and noticed that it does act a bit different.

1 Everytime i start mavic a message on the go app says "satellite positioning off fly with caution" it shows this message everywhere,in the places I was starting my last mavic without any warnings. It usually dissappear after a while. However in my room its shows it all the time. When I want to do some change in settings. Not to mention that I couldn't connect rc to mavic on first start up. Icon of rc •))) is red all the time in my room and there is a warning of strong interference. There wasn't anything similar with the previous one.

2 active track does not work correctly I was tracking myself in a large park without any obstacles in the line of mavics sight and simply walking. He was loosing the track of me.

3 home point has not been accurate:when I took off the hp been updated then I have walked around 15 meters to check how it works and tried to set it to my current location but nothing has happened. Home point couldn't change I think the mavic was still thinking I have not changed the position.

Finally a small question-height and distance shown on the controller always refer to the last home point not the current position. Can this be changed? So if I start my mavic fly away and start walking I would like to know how far away he is from me,not the place I have took off.

Thanks

Also I have found this weird as well- on previous mavic video been recording to my smartphone straight away. Now I have been receiving messages that the cache is full from the first records taken and none been saved to my device. Does it come with full cache normally? Why it was clear with the last one?

The cache is stored on the phone/tablet. In the settings there is an option to set the cache size. When it hits this limit it will automatically over write the older recordings. Tjere is also an option there to delete the cache. Just means you have run out of free space on your phone.

I think you need to get into your settings and just put everything back how you want it. They are probably just different to your old Drone.

You see the thing is that I haven't changed anything in the settings neither in the first or second drone now I have also noticed that there is no sound recorded,either it used to be by phone/app or controller. Now it's nothing

Really no one been experiencing none of this issues?? Maybe I'm in the wrong place...

Hi I have had an issue with my mavic and got replaced today. I went on first flight and noticed that it does act a bit different.

1 Everytime i start mavic a message on the go app says "satellite positioning off fly with caution" it shows this message everywhere,in the places I was starting my last mavic without any warnings. It usually dissappear after a while. However in my room its shows it all the time. When I want to do some change in settings. Not to mention that I couldn't connect rc to mavic on first start up. Icon of rc •))) is red all the time in my room and there is a warning of strong interference. There wasn't anything similar with the previous one.

2 active track does not work correctly I was tracking myself in a large park without any obstacles in the line of mavics sight and simply walking. He was loosing the track of me.

3 home point has not been accurate:when I took off the hp been updated then I have walked around 15 meters to check how it works and tried to set it to my current location but nothing has happened. Home point couldn't change I think the mavic was still thinking I have not changed the position.

Finally a small question-height and distance shown on the controller always refer to the last home point not the current position. Can this be changed? So if I start my mavic fly away and start walking I would like to know how far away he is from me,not the place I have took off.

Thanks
Active track can be hit or miss, but your other issues would most likely be related to not grabbing enough satellites. I usually wait until I have 15+ before I take off - that usually takes about 20-30 seconds. This would also explain your HP being inaccurate.

Also, you can decide whether the Mavic returns to Home or Controller from within the application.

Active track can be hit or miss, but your other issues would most likely be related to not grabbing enough satellites. I usually wait until I have 15+ before I take off - that usually takes about 20-30 seconds. This would also explain your HP being inaccurate.

Also, you can decide whether the Mavic returns to Home or Controller from within the application.

Hmm...but like I have mentioned HP could not been updated after walking over 10 m which takes several seconds. And the HP has been recorded upon take off.

Just my personal impresion that gps worked better on the other one. I have checked both for manufacture date and they were both on April following 18th and 15th the one I've got now so it's only three days older. Do you think it's firmware/software issue?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78