DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

couple newb questions

genesimmons

Reactions
hi all, recently got a version of litchi to run on my tablet, havent flown with her yet but lookig thru the menu i see it has a max altitude of 1590ft. is this correct?i was under the ompression we were limited to 400ft like the djigo app, next question, is the very adjustable pano mode on lichi way better than dji version,. it looks very user freindly with a lot of setting, thanx in advance for any answers and tips

I have not used Litchi before. But I know that the DJI GO app does not limit your altitude to 400 ft. It limits your altitude to 500 Meters, which is equal to 1640 feet. I'm not sure why Litchi would pick an altitude height of 50 feet less.

Litchi does not add any limitations. You need to make changes to settings with the aircraft connected. Some Go4 settings are carried over to Litchi.

ahhhh i wonder if i have a setting in djigo to limit me to 400ft because when i reach that altitude it says max reached, i asssumed it was the limit, all this time i was only flying 400 ft haha, excited to go try 1500 today and see what i can see

wow thats a great image, i will take litchi for a flight today and try the pano mode and see how she goes, i am more into 180 panos and such, not quite sure what a nadir is but ill try different settings and find out haha

ahhhh i wonder if i have a setting in djigo to limit me to 400ft because when i reach that altitude it says max reached, i asssumed it was the limit, all this time i was only flying 400 ft haha, excited to go try 1500 today and see what i can see
So, if you are flying in the USA, your "legal" ceiling is 400 ft and "Visible Line of Sight". It couldn't be any simpler than that. Pushing or blatantly violating those numbers is how we get further restricted from doing something we enjoy, or worse.

So, if you are flying in the USA, your "legal" ceiling is 400 ft and "Visible Line of Sight". It couldn't be any simpler than that. Pushing or blatantly violating those numbers is how we get further restricted from doing something we enjoy, or worse.
i am in canada not the us, so what you are stating is that every one with a drone in the us is flying lesss than 400ft and always in los? are u stating that every time u fly your machine its in los. i understand the rules and such but why on earth buy a ferrari only to drive it in first gear all day?

i am in canada not the us, so what you are stating is that every one with a drone in the us is flying lesss than 400ft and always in los? are u stating that every time u fly your machine its in los. i understand the rules and such but why on earth buy a ferrari only to drive it in first gear all day?
As far as my flight activities are concerned, that is exactly what I am stating. I speak for no one but myself and was stating nothing more than a couple of the rules. In response to the Ferrari analogy, why buy a Ferrari when you know the posted speed limit (again, the law) in the US is 70 mph on most Interstate highways. Sure, you can go as fast as you want to, I could care less. But when you are apprehended or even worse involved in or cause a high speed collision or other such mayhem, it is as simple as you chose to violate the rules and now you have to suffer the consequences. Hopefully you don't force innocent people to suffer them with you. Enjoy your ride while it lasts my friend! Peace Out.

Reactions: genesimmons
Touche' You get a point for my confusion. The 400' restriction is under Part 107. I did also mention Visual Line of Sight (VLOS) and that IS a rule under Part 336. Simply, I do not think that maintaining VLOS at 1500 ft in altitude or horizontal distance is likely with an object the size of a Mavic.

even at 400 which i thought was the limit i lost sight of the mavic many times, i could some times hear it but lost site in the bright sun many times, i will admit i went much higher than 400 today, what a different world it opens up photograpghy wise at high altitudes, wow, incredibel

even at 400 which i thought was the limit i lost sight of the mavic many times, i could some times hear it but lost site in the bright sun many times, i will admit i went much higher than 400 today, what a different world it opens up photograpghy wise at high altitudes, wow, incredibel
And I currently fly a Spark so you can imagine how quickly that can get lost from view. I am following this forum with an eye toward upgrading to a Mavic Pro soon. Thanks for the replies and any advice re Mavic Pro vs any other is welcome.

And I currently fly a Spark so you can imagine how quickly that can get lost from view. I am following this forum with an eye toward upgrading to a Mavic Pro soon. Thanks for the replies and any advice re Mavic Pro vs any other is welcome.
let me know when u are ready to upgreade, i am lookinng to add a spark to my photograpghy want list haha,cant have to many toys

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980