DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Couple of early morning shots.

twickers14

Reactions
Got up early and popped up to a place in Bristol with great views. Here are two shots (with enhanced skies-my choice) showing the famous Suspension Bridge and our Clifton College. You’ll spot that we are looking west, with a sunrise!! Just liked the colours. Some nice trees too but nowhere near the shots you guys in the US and Canada submit. Loving my new MA2.BBF3FE36-8D42-4CF7-9C9A-6A497C5FBAAB.jpegADF01E11-BFBE-469D-9500-96D39B65B70F.jpegD2AEB5E2-C648-40BF-8891-BAC1B02C66AA.jpeg

You have some very nice shots there, you should be quite satisfied. I did take the liberty of tweaking one of them and yes I may have increased saturation a little too far, which is easily adjusted, but I wanted to show you that with a bit of playing, you can get quite stunning images from your beautiful area too. I know Bristol well, being from just across the river, and I live across the pond now, so can tell you that both countries have beauty to offer. You just need to go out and explore and enjoy it. Wish I were there right now, I miss Britain.

Attachments

• ADF01E11-BFBE-469D-9500-96D39B65B70F_EDITED_LB.jpg
    ADF01E11-BFBE-469D-9500-96D39B65B70F_EDITED_LB.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
Of the two 'sun' shots, I like the second one better. The sky seems to have better processing. The third one has great fall colors in it.

Reactions: twickers14
Great shot's sir, I've just took the plunge myself and upgraded from the spark to the MA2, Can't wait.
You’ll love it. It is an amazing craft with so many more options photo/vid and of course overall performance. Am really just getting to terms with it but so glad I cut my teeth on my Spark. Safe and happy flying.

Got up early and popped up to a place in Bristol with great views. Here are two shots (with enhanced skies-my choice) showing the famous Suspension Bridge and our Clifton College. You’ll spot that we are looking west, with a sunrise!! Just liked the colours. Some nice trees too but nowhere near the shots you guys in the US and Canada submit. Loving my new MA2.View attachment 138059View attachment 138060View attachment 138061
Every country has AWESOME scenery - just have to get out to find and shoot it. The UK is no different. Lots of history (which in America some seem to want to erase ours), so get in the sky, fly, and shoot. It may be gone before you know it.

You have some very nice shots there, you should be quite satisfied. I did take the liberty of tweaking one of them and yes I may have increased saturation a little too far, which is easily adjusted, but I wanted to show you that with a bit of playing, you can get quite stunning images from your beautiful area too. I know Bristol well, being from just across the river, and I live across the pond now, so can tell you that both countries have beauty to offer. You just need to go out and explore and enjoy it. Wish I were there right now, I miss Britain.
That really pops thanks for fiddling with it. It is an improvement on mine certainly. It’s still the same old U.K. but as always it Is a good place to live but sure you’re making the most of your current home. What programme did you use by the way? I am on Luminar4 which has been updated to LuminarAR. I really enjoy playing around with the options but my Mrs thinks I am cheating-not on her but on the actual scene I’ve shot!

Of the two 'sun' shots, I like the second one better. The sky seems to have better processing. The third one has great fall colors in it.
Agree. The one of Clifton College and the Zoo is overall sharper but see what Cymruflyer has done to it-even better.

That really pops thanks for fiddling with it. It is an improvement on mine certainly. It’s still the same old U.K. but as always it Is a good place to live but sure you’re making the most of your current home. What programme did you use by the way? I am on Luminar4 which has been updated to LuminarAR. I really enjoy playing around with the options but my Mrs thinks I am cheating-not on her but on the actual scene I’ve shot!
Even with the best of equipment - some shots need a little tweaking to make them jump off the screen. Esp when dealing with sunlight and brightness. Unless your on the ground fiddling for minutes with a DSLR to get most of the settings spot on - then we do what we have to do.

I use Lightroom by Adobe and it works for me. Have some Topaz products with AI that does help with some aspects like noise / sharpness. They do have a Video AI product that has just been upgraded, which I like and tried the prior versions "trial" to just check it out. Lightroom does work with videos, but far less settings you can make. I have the paid for version, but now they only offer subscription based services (I hate that). You can do that with PhotoShop as well, but far more expensive and has so many "bells & whistles" I'd never use. Some "freebie" products are not bad for being FREE.

Well tell your wife that statement is like telling an artist his painting is cheating on the actual scene he/she painted. The art is in your mind and you just use your eye and what is available to you, to get out what you see in your minds eye.

I use Photoshop and also use On1 plus NIK which are all good programmes, as is the one you are using. Keep playing with the one you have and take a look at Youtube tutorials to get the most out of it. What you have is a very good still image editing programme, you just need time to play with it.

Oh and ask your wife what happens if you turn an image into B&W, are you then cheating again because the actual scene was in colour? Tell her that every day when she gets herself dressed, hair done and makeup on, that she is now cheating, because that is not how she looked when she woke up. That will put her in her place!!!

Well tell your wife that statement is like telling an artist his painting is cheating on the actual scene he/she painted. The art is in your mind and you just use your eye and what is available to you, to get out what you see in your minds eye.

I use Photoshop and also use On1 plus NIK which are all good programmes, as is the one you are using. Keep playing with the one you have and take a look at Youtube tutorials to get the most out of it. What you have is a very good still image editing programme, you just need time to play with it.

Oh and ask your wife what happens if you turn an image into B&W, are you then cheating again because the actual scene was in colour? Tell her that every day when she gets herself dressed, hair done and makeup on, that she is now cheating, because that is not how she looked when she woke up. That will put her in her place!!!
It is still possible to buy outright, Photoshop Elements and that does a lot, if not most of what many people may need. Don't overlook that one and it is inexpensive to purchase too.

Got up early and popped up to a place in Bristol with great views. Here are two shots (with enhanced skies-my choice) showing the famous Suspension Bridge and our Clifton College. You’ll spot that we are looking west, with a sunrise!! Just liked the colours. Some nice trees too but nowhere near the shots you guys in the US and Canada submit. Loving my new MA2.View attachment 138059View attachment 138060View attachment 138061
Image 1 the sky is blown out.Needs to cut the light way down with grad filter. Image two(2) is the best. Image three is just meh!

Dale
Miami

Even with the best of equipment - some shots need a little tweaking to make them jump off the screen. Esp when dealing with sunlight and brightness. Unless your on the ground fiddling for minutes with a DSLR to get most of the settings spot on - then we do what we have to do.

I use Lightroom by Adobe and it works for me. Have some Topaz products with AI that does help with some aspects like noise / sharpness. They do have a Video AI product that has just been upgraded, which I like and tried the prior versions "trial" to just check it out. Lightroom does work with videos, but far less settings you can make. I have the paid for version, but now they only offer subscription based services (I hate that). You can do that with PhotoShop as well, but far more expensive and has so many "bells & whistles" I'd never use. Some "freebie" products are not bad for being FREE.
Thanks. I am a real amateur at editing. I have used Photoshop (very long time ago) and would go back to it as I sort knew what I was doing but the subscription thing made it too much for too little use. Will stick with Luminar and frankly the Apple Photos app on my devices and Mac have most things I need. In my “edit suite” only Luminar has Sky replacement which, living in a cloudy country, has real benefits.

Very good analogies and will be used tactically when required-you know what I mean! Very happy to be conversing with a Welshman-you’re the first person from the Principality that I have communicated with that is nice. Joking of course. Spent much of my 20s smashing into JPR, Gerald Davies and Merv the Swerv. No idea how old you are so you may not have a clue what I’m talking about! They were great guys by the way.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711