DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Course lock and home lock

Mikeg

Reactions
Course lock and home lock. I am disappointed that I never see any posts about the absence of these on the Mavic 2. I’m worried that DJI may not realise how important these two flight modes are. I would like someone from DJI to reply to this post and reassure us that course lock and home lock are priority software developments .

Yep, I just spent half a day searching for Home Lock (should have come here first!). Course lock would also be useful. Let's hope that DJI can see their way clear to add them back in to the Mavic 2.

With Litchi, Home Lock and Course Lock are both available as icon choices on the primary flight screen. You can switch to Home Lock mid-flight and use it as a modified RTH. Move the right stick fully down and regardless of where the drone is or its orientation, it will fly in a straight line back to the Home Point at its then current altitude, unlike DJI's RTH where the drone will generally climb to its preset RTH altitude.

Last edited:
I would like someone from DJI to reply to this post and reassure us that course lock and home lock are priority software developments .
1) There is no indication that any DJI employee reads this 3rd party forum and 2) No one can get DJI to fix problems with their app, let alone add new features.

Those modes did not add a much that some practice would not replace. Also, modes such as Active Track made them less useful.

I’m totally agree with you. It is a disgrace that course lock are not available on the Mavic 2. I bought it because I thought it would be an all round improvement on Mavic one. It has been so long since they launched the Mavic 2 that I now give up on the DJI.
Until now I was committed to DJI but next time round I will be more cautious and not believe that the latest version is an all-round improvement on the previous version. IT DEFINITELY IS NOT and I Doubt Will Be in the Future !!!

no one has to commit to anything, but, realistically, there isn`t much of an alternatives left. only other new model out there is a FIMI X8-SE, but, based on what people post about it - it is not for a weak minded ones. why too many bugs and issues. and, it uses smaller sensor than M2P. Parrot models - well, also not really worth spending much time on. So, for a commercially available pre-built ones DJI still rules the market... like we that or not.
3DR Solo was supposed to be a good one, but, they screwed up royally, as they underestimated the difference between making a nice prototype build and a commercially profitable consistent production operation.

Isn't Course Lock available as a choice in Hyperlapse?

Yes but I don’t want to go to hyper lapse to use course lock and I also need home lock
Then Litchi is your only solution I would think.

There is a course lock method. It's when using TapFly in Free mode.

This guy demonstrates it. Please skip forward to the 02:47-minute mark to see it...

Last edited:
So in free mode to move the camera you move the joy sticks on the RC ?

So in free mode to move the camera you move the joy sticks on the RC ?

Yes the left stick will move camera left or right. I can't remember if the AC will go up and down if you move left stick up and down. I am pretty sure you can tilt the camera as normal, with the dial on the left side. There are some good tutorials on youtube for the Tapfly feature on the M2P.

Yes the left stick will move camera left or right. I can't remember if the AC will go up and down if you move left stick up and down. I am pretty sure you can tilt the camera as normal, with the dial on the left side. There are some good tutorials on youtube for the Tapfly feature on the M2P.
ok thanks conchman will try free mode once the wind calms down ......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d