DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

covid 19,and this forum update

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
hi all fellow fliers,when i started this thread on the 13th of March,little did i envisage how much of an affect this virus would have on our lives ,on so many fronts
the UK is now in a virtual lockdown, and any hope i had of flying my drones any time soon has now evaporated ,but if that is what it takes for myself and others to live to fly another day,
then it will be a small price to pay
i wish you all good health, stay safe,and together we can beat this thing

Yep, the whole world is almost locked down now, and even Australian states are going to close their own internal borders to try and keep a lid on things, lest we can probably expect a situation like Italy and Spain have / are going through.
Nobody wants to see 10’s, perhaps 100’s of thousands die from this, small price to pay to take a step back from normality and lay low for perhaps a few weeks to maybe months.

Visitors are the main issue for us, there are so many in the country, and moving between almost all our states now requires 14 day isolation (self imposed) which I’m pretty sure won’t work with this sectors of travellers.
They’ve come from all over the world, they’ll want to keep exploring, and as seen in news services, no doubt worldwide, young people are tending to ignore the distancing requests.

Is this all a waste of time though ??
I really can’t see the World ever being the same again, covid-19 isn’t going to disappear in a month, two months, or a year.
It’s here for good I’d say, mutations and all.

Good luck everyone.

Is this all a waste of time though ??
I really can’t see the World ever being the same again, covid-19 isn’t going to disappear in a month, two months, or a year.
It’s here for good I’d say, mutations and all.

Good luck everyone.

Not really. The point for now is to stop everyone getting it at the same time, so reduce the strain on hospitals and health centres.
That buys time to build respirators and other equipment, and build up stocks of medicines. Plus time to work on a vaccine.

You're right, it won't go away - but we'll have chance to fight it if we act now.

OMM My Dad is there, around the corner from you, and he's not happy..
All of us coming from Old Welsh Miner Colliery stock, that's not a good sign to see strong people worried.
Stay Safe buddy.
cadwch yn ddiogel

OMM My Dad is there, around the corner from you, and he's not happy..
All of us coming from Old Welsh Miner Colliery stock, that's not a good sign to see strong people worried.
Stay Safe buddy.
cadwch yn ddiogel
hi my friend it is very alarming i feel like a prisoner in my own home ,just glad to have this forum to give me something to do ,i have never been a big TV watcher like to be out in the fresh air ,its like you have to think that every other person could have the potential to give you the virus,and just try to avoid all contact, you and yours stay safe my friend

Looking forward to the flattening of the curve! A scary bit of news I heard this morning is that the spike of people testing the virus today is a result of coming in contact and being infected 1-2 weeks ago.

I'm in a somewhat rural area of California and traffic isn't like the big cities, but was blown away driving into town the other day. Not one vehicle other than mine was within sight during a 10 mile drive. Super wierd to see this during daylight. Rolled into the store yesterday about 5pm. Thankfully not too many shopping. Although stock was lower than normal, I was able to find a lot more than last week. The checker said they are very busy during the store opening and items I couldn't find sell out quickly before noon. But I want to do my part by staying away from the crowds and/or standing in line. Unfortunately that might have to change and I might brave the crowds in the near future. Last week the isles were bare and I do understand why it's still hard to find disinfectants and TP, but yesterday I couldn't find any eggs at all, even the ones in the milk cartons. Another thing that took me by surprise was most of the beer (micro-brews) has been bought up. Crap. Our local brewery also shut down. I do feel for all the people dependant on all the small business that have closed up. At least the food rush seems to have slowed down and I hope it continues to improve.

The local Costco opens from 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM for 60+ yoa on Tues & Thurs. I got there this morning and there were probably over 100 people standing in line. I decided I wasn't going to be one of them. One of our local chain grocery stores opens from 6:00 AM to 7:30 AM for the over 60 crowd. We can find most of what we need there. Then right down the road their competition opens at 7:30 A.M. so we get the rest of the stuff there. This past Sunday they even had TP in stock.

We’re in a 21 day lockdown from 00:01 Friday. Only allowed out for very specific reasons including buying food and medicine, and getting medical help. Hopefully the weather holds and I can plenty of flights in.

f68a04c9478a10e311dd46c33e03e36c.jpg

I feel sorry for all of you MavicPilots who are not allowed to fly due to government restrictions.

I myself am fortunate in this case, my wife and I live in voluntary quarantine, but I fly every day.

The daily flight which for my part means a regular long walk out in the fresh air, which strengthens my immune system and keeps my fitness up.

We try to keep our spirits up, communicate with friends and acquaintances via the Internet, Skype, Facetime and especially Telegram, are the features we use.

Live and feel!

TTP

Hope everyone’s doing alright in lockdown. And here’s to hoping this madness ends sooner rather than later. The media is doing its best to prolong and make worse the economic destruction. People just need to wash their hands, the media has the brains covered. I would just remind everyone that not a single one of the media personalities or government bureaucrats promoting this deliberate, self-inflicted immolation is going to miss a single paycheck himself as a result. I am pleased to see rumblings starting to stir in the last few days of an opposing view. People are slowly starting to wake up, and voices questioning the suicidal consensus are popping up. I can’t remember who said it, but the saying that every civilization is nine meals away from anarchy is apropos imo. When the crunch hits the pitchforks are never far behind, and the illusion of stability is shown to be exactly that. I guess the stimulus is an attempt to keep the pitchforks at bay, but unless we reverse course, and quick, even that will prove to be far too little.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
It's very sombre keeping on eye on the corona Worldometer.

The overnight figures are not usually good at all.
Norway overtook Australia last night in cases, though cases is just so unreliable as an indicator of the real figures.
Who knows how many are tested and confirmed, many have almost nil or very minor symptoms, some countries have very poor health services, and access to test kits.

Our authorities are saying now out stricter rules on being out etc might be with us until later in the year.

Just read the news today that the USAF Academy will graduate the senior class one month early. I actually foresee this as the first class without a graduation ceremony. Public safety first! Military members may possibly be involuntarily extended in service to preclude bringing in new persons from all over the USA. No idea how the school systems intend to continue academic procedures. I read that in LA alone, over 75,000 students have failed to even log into the public school systemS to continue their education. The kids need the educational endeavors to help keep their minds sharpened and off the pain and suffering of this disease. Doctors and scientists, all over the world are coming together to try to develop something to even just slow this mess down. Say your prayers to God, Mohammed, Buddha, whomever your higher moral support is, that a break in the epidemic is found soon. Give strength and protection to the elderly and encouragement with explanation to the youth.
I pray that each and every one of you, and your families and friends, come through this situation unscathed.

Be safe, my friends

Just saw an interview on CNN tonight and thought to myself "I know that man's face, who is he?" Then the penny dropped when I saw a glimpse of him holding a drone in his hand from work he'd done for DJI. No doubt many on this forum will remember the actor who fronted the tutorials on YouTube for the Mavic Pro when it was first released as being Ty Mayberry, who has been hard hit to look after his wife & kids because work in the "Gig Economy" has completely dried up due to the economic disaster unfolding because of the coronavirus epidemic. I'm sure many of us will wish him well, all those facing economic uncertainty at this time as well as condolences to those who've lost loved ones or who may lose loved ones as a result of this.

Last edited:
Long, but worth every second of the 40 minutes if you have them to spare. Conveniently, most do at the moment. Real conversations and debate are being had, but the establishment media will not deviate from narrative. People must seek information on their own. Published yesterday.

EDIT: I should add, Peter is British so he is mostly talking about the UK, but every single word applies to the US and most of the Western world.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato