DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Covid-19 distancing rule NSW flying drone

Ovolos

Reactions
Can anyone tell me flying done is allow for NSW during the Covid19 distancing rule implied ?

Might not be. Seems they may stop people in their cars to ask what they are doing outside. You can get a fine if you are out without a legitimate reason. I.e doing something essential. I don’t think authorities think flying drones is essential. I think it’s a bit over the top.

Definitely now in NSW I'm afraid.
All 3 main eastern states are same, big fines for going out, meeting in 'groups' of more than 2 people, a whole lot of restrictions.
The GOVCO pages are vague state by state, this Guardian article from 18 hours ago cavers it better and easier . . .

People are even getting fined in Vic and NSW for driving to nearby areas for excercise, to walk in a park or ride a bike etc.
Getting bloody over the top in many ways.

Hey @MAvic_South_Oz I guess no traveling anywhere.
I just read about a guy in VIC who drove his bike to a park near his home for a ride got fined for non-essential travel. Looks like driving to a quiet spot to fly a drone is also out of the question.

I just read about a guy in VIC who drove his bike to a park near his home for a ride got fined for non-essential travel. Looks like driving to a quiet spot to fly a drone is also out of the question.

It is in the 3 eastern states looking more restricted, a given with how bad NSW, Vic, and Qld have been heading, particularly NSW metro.
They don't seem to be taking this seriously in some of the beaches / eastern suburbs.

Here, we can still go out, though GOVCO wants to keep it quiet and no Easter travel, I think people here in general are being a lot more conscious of what the do, how, and where . . . we might not get those restrictions like eastern states have.

Even though I could go and fly anytime somewhere quiet, I'm not.

This is what concerns me. I live in country NSW in the north-eastern corner (edit - you know this - i just realised who I was replying to!). I have every mind to cycle to a local spot and put the drone up over some fields with hay bales.

So for starters, I'm getting outdoors to exercise. But flying the drone may push the limits of patience. We live in a small urban area outside of a larger town, so everything is generally ok (I flew over a local lake a couple of days ago).

The easier thing to do would be to waypoint plot the flight and let it go from there, but that takes a lot of the spontaneity out of the flight, and any photos/video's you might take.

There's a wonderful small town 25 km's from here, but i won't make the trip there until restrictions are eased ... that's becoming intrusive to what is a small community.

Depends where you live. Here near Monterey, CA. folks are going for drives in the country.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi