DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Covid-19 lockdown

If you are married, your spouse deserves some sort of award for allowing that!

Haha I am married and she is awesome.

The course is portable so I promise to take it down when I'm not using it.

Think Wolfenstein, Doom, etc . . . I think I missed the WHOLE sega, nintendo, xbox, whatever else, since then !!
I really like the realistic modern games out now, yes the violent war type games etc, although I'm not typically violent.
I like the era history surrounding WWII, brought out the best in men (and the worst).
I have a PS4 and I play world of war ships, brilliant fun..... I am 57 also, go get one....

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I miss being around people, and still fly my drone around the neighborhood, just to keep a eye on everybody in our community. Also, I use Skype, Face Time, Zoom, Google Duo, Phone, Text, to connect with people. Next door to me, have a car wash and car repair garage to fly over and keep a eye on break ins. I have permission from every body, because people are afraid, some are by them selves. A famous writer wrote "Do for others what you want them to do for you," Many of us know this saying as the Golden Rule. Now is the time to apply it, in any way we can. Also, since we are locked down, going to do this for the next month or two, or more prepare for remote pilot training. Using a app called Prepware Remote pilot. Also have the hard copy's of maps, Study Guide FAA-G-8082-22, Part 107 Drone certification Study Guide. I have to find out new updates, have not heard more about what was the final decision about drone ID,s. Hope everyone is taking this serious, and taking the social distancing warning to heart, to protect each other. Having a love for neighbor.

I miss being around people, and still fly my drone around the neighborhood, just to keep a eye on everybody in our community. Also, I use Skype, Face Time, Zoom, Google Duo, Phone, Text, to connect with people. Next door to me, have a car wash and car repair garage to fly over and keep a eye on break ins. I have permission from every body, because people are afraid, some are by them selves. A famous writer wrote "Do for others what you want them to do for you," Many of us know this saying as the Golden Rule. Now is the time to apply it, in any way we can. Also, since we are locked down, going to do this for the next month or two, or more prepare for remote pilot training. Using a app called Prepware Remote pilot. Also have the hard copy's of maps, Study Guide FAA-G-8082-22, Part 107 Drone certification Study Guide. I have to find out new updates, have not heard more about what was the final decision about drone ID,s. Hope everyone is taking this serious, and taking the social distancing warning to heart, to protect each other. Having a love for neighbor.
Yes it would be good to know the FAA’s current implementation plan for the issue that was just commented on and the flight restrictions involved.

Having returned 6 weeks ago from diving in the Bahamas, interacting with Tiger, Great Hammerhead, Bull & several other species of shark, I've a few hours of underwater video to go through. Regrettably due to Bahamas' restrictive regulations on tourist's drone flying (50% deposit so you don't sell it to locals since drones are highly taxed) I decided not to take my Mavic on that trip but did last November to West Papua, New Guinea and so have more hours of u/w footage plus aerial video to keep me occupied and then planning the next destinations to visit, particularly regarding asking for co-operation & permission to fly from the resort owners once this covid-19 is finished, that's if I survive!

Man you have to stay positive ,You will survive .ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Yep, my wife has thyroid issues too . . . has been over and under active at various stages, medicated, is a high risk if she catches this.
Looking through some very informative videos online, people basically die of serious pneumonia brought on by covid-19, and there is little that can save someone that is more prone to acquiring the bug when they pass a certain stage.
Best wishes for the upcoming fight to you all, and I mean all of you on the forum and families.
Thinking of you and yours Mavic South Oz.
Always enjoy your contribution to the forum.
Thank you and hope to catch up after the dust settles.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
In South NJ.I live in a private community and have a lot of flying space. So I can still fly. But I have been grounded by weather. Soon as wind dies a little I will go up and chop those Corona bastards with my blades !

Well I work all alone and never contact the public so I am working my normal days. I fly fish which you must do alone to do it correctly so that is unchanged and I ride motorcycle trikes which I build and again by myself. So weather permitting I load up one of the drones, my fly rod and jump on the trike and head out for the day. In general nothing has changed except I really avoid people and things they touch and carry a plastic bag which has a rag soaked in alcohol that I use to sanitize when getting fuel or lunch at the gas stations along the way. I also never accept change and just tell the teller to put it in the tip or handicap jar after disinfection. On the downside I just renewed my 107 but will not be doing any commercial flying until we are over this thing.

The disturbing things I see are people having driveway parties and going for walks in groups. If you can't do it alone then yes stay home.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Yeah it's been rough everyone in the world for stress and anxiety of the unknown going forward.
It's good your sons setup seem to be more accommodating to minimising the exposure, we have thinned out the office occupancy here so for the most part it's skeletal staff.

A silver lining of sorts is the wife's work has lost ~60% centre occupancy from a mix of people keeping kids at home by choice, and those who have lost their jobs and have to rein in expenditure. So her exposure has lessened to a degree.

I still worry a lot though because she contracted pneumonia ~11-12 months ago and afterward (after her lack of an immune system not helping to begin with) her immune system attacked her thyroid so now she lives with hypothyroidism and is on the leveling medication for life.
Though saying that she's been quite well for the past ~6mths, which is good considering typically she's always the first one to get sick at work and at home whenever there is something going around.

The post-pandemic fall out I foresee to be is *some* people will still be gun-shy on going out and I know I will be, while others will be elated with lifted isolation restrictions; Going off history of other outbreaks or pandemics if we are not careful as communities it could spur a second wave of infections which could be more lethal because it's had time to evolve and adapt to humans as it's hosts.

Stay safe everyone - I see an opportunity for more shirts:

View attachment 97512

Even if you are not married, I think you deserve an award for such flying!
(Looks like it might be at night which contravenes some regulation - I believe. :))

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair