DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Covid-19 lockdown

bushie

Reactions
Today the PM announced that those over 70 (I am 75) should not leave home except for necessary things (Shopping for food, Chemist and medical appointments etc Guess that puts paid to any excursions for flying my Mavic. Just hope this does not go on for too long, though government is talking 6 months. Have lots of old video to rework and maybe I will send of some of my 8mm film to be scanned. Presently working through the Davinci Resolve training manuals.

How are others filling the hours?

Reactions: Galeforce1
You can see read what some are doing here covid 19,and this forum update
Me I'm just doing as normally here other than getting around anyone no more than possibly but we don't have any mandatory orders .Restaurants are closed for inside dining but have call in and they bring it out.
Bars are closed but don't drink no more so that's no issue and of course schools and such are closed.
As much as i have traveled and seen and done and being retired i tend not to be around anyone anyway other than family here at house.Don't want to anyway. ;)

With difficulty.
I have been housebound for 2 months after an accident but now with the lock down I don't even get visitors unless they drop off food.
I have a cage on my leg so I cant sit at my PC desk because it doesn't fit , that rules out any video editing.
When do you get that off ?

When do you get that off ?
Thanks for asking.
Unfortunately I have no idea, last appointment was cancelled due to Covid 19.
Next appointment is scheduled in 2 weeks but that may not happen I can only wait and see.
The good thing was the hospital phoned and told me how to adjust the dials on the knee joint so I can start gradually bending it, this requires help as I can’t get at them myself.
Should be able to use my tower PC soon when I can bend far enough to sit at the desk, at the moment its just the laptop.

Thanks for asking.
Unfortunately I have no idea, last appointment was cancelled due to Covid 19.
Next appointment is scheduled in 2 weeks but that may not happen I can only wait and see.
The good thing was the hospital phoned and told me how to adjust the dials on the knee joint so I can start gradually bending it, this requires help as I can’t get at them myself.
Should be able to use my tower PC soon when I can bend far enough to sit at the desk, at the moment its just the laptop.
Hang in there.i bet it’s a pain but maybe the extra time will
sure enough make it better. ?

Cool, we talking the Psychedelic shack ?

• Haha
Reactions: Gindra
Up until a couple of days ago, trying to live as normally as possible.
Since then, me, wife, very isolated workplace (alone), home.
Trying more to keep a cap on this all round.

Would like to go fly somewhere remote, something to do then editing, and even though I can easily do this within say a few km, it'll just add up to more fuel needed eventually, more exposure for me, wife, family, others.
So, almost lockdown it is for me now, which means a lot more Youtube, forum, home stuff as I make a list of things I can do safely.

It'd be a great time to enjoy gaming, but it's probably 30 years since I indulged.
Probably need a whole new computer setup too !!
Enjoying gaming vids on YT though.

Reactions: Pietros
For me I'm fortunate and unfortunate to work within/alongside the mining industry which is considered essential, so I am fortunate to still have a job.

I'm not working from home, we are still required to attend the office due to the nature of my job (IT) it's better for us to be physically inside the network than outside it on a VPN.

My wife is a childcare worker who also is still required to go to work, so our kids are also still going to school and OOSH as our hours restrict us from being able to drop off/pickup from school.

Pretty much life as normal other than practicing minimal exposure to others as possible.

I would much prefer to have our kids at home and out of school or at the least OOSH to minimise their exposure, and I have thankfully 2.5months of personal leave to see that through however my work won't allow me to use it.
That's the unfortunate part. I wan't to do my part from an isolation perspective, but my hands are effectively tied because GovCo won't rip the band-aid off already and force a lock-down.

Think Wolfenstein, Doom, etc . . . I think I missed the WHOLE sega, nintendo, xbox, whatever else, since then !!
I really like the realistic modern games out now, yes the violent war type games etc, although I'm not typically violent.
I like the era history surrounding WWII, brought out the best in men (and the worst).

Reactions: OBSALAM
For me I'm fortunate and unfortunate to work within/alongside the mining industry which is considered essential, so I am fortunate to still have a job.

I'm not working from home, we are still required to attend the office due to the nature of my job (IT) it's better for us to be physically inside the network than outside it on a VPN.

My wife is a childcare worker who also is still required to go to work, so our kids are also still going to school and OOSH as our hours restrict us from being able to drop off/pickup from school.

Pretty much life as normal other than practicing minimal exposure to others as possible.

I would much prefer to have our kids at home and out of school or at the least OOSH to minimise their exposure, and I have thankfully 2.5months of personal leave to see that through however my work won't allow me to use it.
That's the unfortunate part. I wan't to do my part from an isolation perspective, but my hands are effectively tied because GovCo won't rip the band-aid off already and force a lock-down.

Heck, that sounds like high risk all round.
Hope you and family can avoid this.
Scary / concerning not having the ability to do what you feel is right.

Sons in IT, in Melb, project is big.
He can work from home 3 days a week, goes into fairly confined workgroup / workspace 2 days a week at the moment.
Still, that's his risk time, he's been FAR more careful in past weeks than I have, but going anywhere the general public still goes to, like grocery shops especially, it's hard to be totally without some exposure risk.

Heck, that sounds like high risk all round.
Hope you and family can avoid this.
Scary / concerning not having the ability to do what you feel is right.

Sons in IT, in Melb, project is big.
He can work from home 3 days a week, goes into fairly confined workgroup / workspace 2 days a week at the moment.
Still, that's his risk time, he's been FAR more careful in past weeks than I have, but going anywhere the general public still goes to, like grocery shops especially, it's hard to be totally without some exposure risk.

Yeah it's been rough everyone in the world for stress and anxiety of the unknown going forward.
It's good your sons setup seem to be more accommodating to minimising the exposure, we have thinned out the office occupancy here so for the most part it's skeletal staff.

A silver lining of sorts is the wife's work has lost ~60% centre occupancy from a mix of people keeping kids at home by choice, and those who have lost their jobs and have to rein in expenditure. So her exposure has lessened to a degree.

I still worry a lot though because she contracted pneumonia ~11-12 months ago and afterward (after her lack of an immune system not helping to begin with) her immune system attacked her thyroid so now she lives with hypothyroidism and is on the leveling medication for life.
Though saying that she's been quite well for the past ~6mths, which is good considering typically she's always the first one to get sick at work and at home whenever there is something going around.

The post-pandemic fall out I foresee to be is *some* people will still be gun-shy on going out and I know I will be, while others will be elated with lifted isolation restrictions; Going off history of other outbreaks or pandemics if we are not careful as communities it could spur a second wave of infections which could be more lethal because it's had time to evolve and adapt to humans as it's hosts.

Stay safe everyone - I see an opportunity for more shirts:

1585535335820.png

I still worry a lot though because she contracted pneumonia ~11-12 months ago and afterward (after her lack of an immune system not helping to begin with) her immune system attacked her thyroid so now she lives with hypothyroidism and is on the leveling medication for life.

Yep, my wife has thyroid issues too . . . has been over and under active at various stages, medicated, is a high risk if she catches this.
Looking through some very informative videos online, people basically die of serious pneumonia brought on by covid-19, and there is little that can save someone that is more prone to acquiring the bug when they pass a certain stage.
Best wishes for the upcoming fight to you all, and I mean all of you on the forum and families.

Spending more time on the flight sims these days... that's for sure. I bounce back and forth between TV, computer, and simulator. It's like being sick and missing work...after a fashion it gets real boring at home. Catching up on some reading but that only occupies so much time. Lakes are closed, so no bass fishing which is something (edit) I'm not liking. Today the State shut down SRA's throughout CA to keep people from gathering that just happens to be some of my prime flying areas. My 4x4 van is in the shop so I can't escape into the wilderness away from people although I probably would still hunker down considering it's still a bit difficult to get supplies.

Ah ( Mod Removed Language) , it's just a regular day! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+