DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cracked landing gear

Traindriver

Reactions
I’ve got a good size crack in the landing gear on my drone.

I’m thinking an epoxy of some sort is the best fix, however, that plastic is so stiff that:

1) I fear I’ll either break it or something else flexing it back down

2) It will flex back out not giving the epoxy time to set up. Not only that, but there isn’t really any good real estate to use clamps or clips.

So I’m thinking that rather than the epoxy or whatever I use to stick the thing back together, can I get it in there to prevent the crack from worsening over time?
Is there an extremely thick epoxy or any other device or substance that I can get into the crack to keep it from worsening over time? It has to be thick enough not to leak into the gear itself because there are also the motor, lights, and antenna hiding in there as well.

Attachments

• 2FC21E11-B8E2-4B1A-B487-C03F2C5D335E.jpeg
    2FC21E11-B8E2-4B1A-B487-C03F2C5D335E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
  • 8C5B4458-B91A-4366-982A-4E532915A1E2.jpeg
    8C5B4458-B91A-4366-982A-4E532915A1E2.jpeg
    997.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 9772D129-05C2-46FB-B4D5-E412E741465E.jpeg
    9772D129-05C2-46FB-B4D5-E412E741465E.jpeg
    1,013 KB · Views: 116
That is a sad event. I have almost dropped mine a couple of times being smooth. The phantom was a lot easier to hang onto.
If you change the arm where do the wires reconnect.... into motor?

Search this forum (or YouTube, I cannot remember which one). I watched a video of changing one of the arms on a Mavic 2. Does not look real difficult, but you had better be good at soldering, and have the right tools. The video is not long (20 minute) and it gives you the directions on how to get to the wires to be reconnected.

I cracked my front right landing from use of leg extensions. I've since taken them off and do no use them. I had no idea how delicate the front legs are. I super glued it on and ordered next higher assy, right landing leg. It has arrived but the glue is holding up so I haven't gotten around to changing leg yet.

Happy flying

Attachments

• 20190705_182547.jpg
    20190705_182547.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 48
I’ve got a good size crack in the landing gear on my drone.

I’m thinking an epoxy of some sort is the best fix, however, that plastic is so stiff that:

1) I fear I’ll either break it or something else flexing it back down

2) It will flex back out not giving the epoxy time to set up. Not only that, but there isn’t really any good real estate to use clamps or clips.

So I’m thinking that rather than the epoxy or whatever I use to stick the thing back together, can I get it in there to prevent the crack from worsening over time?
Is there an extremely thick epoxy or any other device or substance that I can get into the crack to keep it from worsening over time? It has to be thick enough not to leak into the gear itself because there are also the motor, lights, and antenna hiding in there as well.
I fixed mine. I changed it out with a new one and it cost me $23 usd for the arm. I took off the leg from the arm.No soldiering at all. It took me 1 hour. I took my time because to do it right you have too.

You can replace just the leg, on ebay they are not expensive, and this video shows how to swap the part without soldering. Be aware that the antenna is in the leg and you might have damaged the wire to it so probably best to check that if you do go the glue route.

You can replace just the leg, on ebay they are not expensive, and this video shows how to swap the part without soldering. Be aware that the antenna is in the leg and you might have damaged the wire to it so probably best to check that if you do go the glue route.

Thanks, that's the video I learned from and couldn't find again....

Ugly but effective. No soldering, no swapping, no eBay. $7

Attachments

• E29CEEBF-F5D5-4907-90FB-A8750716EACB.jpeg
    E29CEEBF-F5D5-4907-90FB-A8750716EACB.jpeg
    950.1 KB · Views: 30
I cracked my front right landing from use of leg extensions. I've since taken them off and do no use them. I had no idea how delicate the front legs are. I super glued it on and ordered next higher assy, right landing leg. It has arrived but the glue is holding up so I haven't gotten around to changing leg yet.

Happy flying
Yes, my heel cracked as well while using the leg extensions. I do not recommend them.

It is odd, I have landing extenders for my M2 and have never given the leverage they exert a thought but as soon as I saw you photos I went "eeek leverage".
I have wondered why no one makes landing gear like that in the following link but for the M2P/Z obviously.

Caused by the landing extenders during storage in my drone backpack. It may have been caused by the pressure since the cutouts don't account for the landing extenders.

Attachments

• 20200726_114816.jpg
    20200726_114816.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 9
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143